Data saving tips

Deena Mathew

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Android
Thanks for sharing this tips. This is a very useful tips for person who are using it.

alicia78

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SamSung S5
Nice tips...thanks for sharing...

leabradley

Reaction score
Here are six steps:

· Set data alerts and limits

· Use Wi-Fi wherever possible

· Limit background data

· Take your maps offline

· Change your browsing habits

· Compress your data

johnruin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung J7 Pro
Many are dreading when tiered data will be here. I for one knew it was coming and I think its time to help educate those new users on ways to save data. I have had a d1, d2 and a tbolt and of my two years I have bust the 2 gig mark 3 times.

So lets begin with some tips.

1) if you live in an area where you can get broadband (ie cable company) it may be worth the money to get service and a router. Wifi is pretty fast and if you are a family where every one has a smart phone and a tablet data can rack up fast.

2) turn off background data when phone is not in use.. .ie sleep mode. If you are at work it may not be as important to have Facebook or weather updating while the phone is in your pocket.

3) if you have wifi use it to update apps, download heavy data files, and any thing that requires a lot of data.

4) while you still are on unlimited use you phone everyday as normal and check your useage constantly so you can get an idea what plan would fit you best.

Tier data is here no need to point why or complain about whether is fair or not. This thread is only for data saving tips. Please do not use this thread to debate whether its right for Vzw to drop unlimited data or discuss whether its fair for Vzw to charge for tethering. Discussion of tips only.
Thanks.
sent from droidforums app
Great Tips. Thank you very much!

Boone

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
https://twitter.com/trici
Well, I don't really have to worry about Data saving, as I have recently switched to Redmi Note 4 and it also supports external storage.

RockHouzy

Reaction score
Website
calculator-online.net
Current Phone Model
Nexus 5P
Twitter
Rockrock877
I'm seeking for the exact tips that you have been mentioned about the android tip. All the facts that you shared is quite stunning thanks .