Data roaming issue

trulunacy

Reaction score
So, after doing a little research I discovered that you can use SqLite Editor to turn on data roaming.

Purchase SqLite Editor from Market
Once in scroll down to Settings Storage (com.android.providers.settings) and enter
Enter settings.db
Go to "secure"
Long press the value on the data_roaming row and then hit Edit Field
Change value from 0 to 1, save, then exit.
Wait a few seconds and you should see data come on.

*Update:
Just went back in and changed it back to 0 and didn't lose my data. Going to reboot and see if my data comes on.

**Update:
Data was turned. Kind of figured it would. Going to change value back to 1 and reboot.

***Update:
Rebooted with value at 1 and data came on.

Last edited:
OP
trulunacy

trulunacy

Reaction score
Some might have to turn Airplane mode on and then off.

HonKudasai

Reaction score
Good to know. I'll have to give it a shot. Glad someone finally managed to find a solution. :happy3:

OP
trulunacy

trulunacy

Reaction score
Good to know. I'll have to give it a shot. Glad someone finally managed to find a solution. :happy3:

One thing I noticed is that my 3G works exceptionally great. I can watch YouTube videos on HQ without any buffering. I really hope it works for everyone else. I myself was getting frustrated because I love this ROM so much, but couldn't get any data. Now it's AWESOME!! lol

pabtheghost

Reaction score
One thing I noticed is that my 3G works exceptionally great. I can watch YouTube videos on HQ without any buffering. I really hope it works for everyone else. I myself was getting frustrated because I love this ROM so much, but couldn't get any data. Now it's AWESOME!! lol

yeah, i noticed this too, but not while roaming. i upgraded from a dinc to the bionic and i occasionally only get 3G service, but the 3G is way better than it was on the dinc

Fiberopme

Reaction score
I had to turn Airplane Mode on/off a few times, then a Pop-Up said something about accepting data roaming,I selected YES. And it came on. Thanks Guys !!!

DROIDGOD

Reaction score
Same Issue

I just installed Liberty 3 v2.0 and after the phone reset i cannot get a wireless connection. Im stuck and have no clue what i need to do HELP PLEASE thanks guys!!

Fiberopme

Reaction score
I just installed Liberty 3 v2.0 and after the phone reset i cannot get a wireless connection. Im stuck and have no clue what i need to do HELP PLEASE thanks guys!!

I have that same version on my Bionic. When you turn on the phone, get through security, where the clock is on the top, slide your finger down, there will be icons on the top, just make sure the up/down arrows are green, do that by touching the arrows.

Get back to me if your still having problems.

You could have them all green, and see if that does the trick !

Make sure you turn the phone sideways, there's more than one, there's eight !!!

Last edited:

wihiker

Reaction score
I had the very same issue with my Motorola Bionic after installing Liberty ROM.

After making the change to the security file using sql editor, I found that if wifi is active the phone seems to opt for a wifi connection before one over the cell network. I get good data roaming when the wifi is turned off. When I need wifi, I just turn it back on. This would be on/off through the green icons along top of display. Hope this gives others some help.

attitude2.3

Reaction score
I have question
- I have tried to install different ROM's onto my bionic .902 using Safe Strap. It worked pretty good however i can't get my service(cant make calls, no 4g or 3g) to work. I can only get wifi and there is a little x where the 4G is supposed to be. Any one have any ideas how i can fix this?. I tried using Liberty3bionic 2.0 and Blurr3d 1.5​

Droid 51

Reaction score
I am having the same problem as attitude2.3 any suggestions