DarkEdge for Bugless Beast 1.1

ray7171

Reaction score
launcher force close

i downloaded bbv1.1 and i hit launcher instead of home and now it just keeps popping up force close over and over again. What do I do? I like all the screenshots of dark edge and I want it but im stuck at this screen please help.

thebarbrr

Reaction score
i downloaded bbv1.1 and i hit launcher instead of home and now it just keeps popping up force close over and over again. What do I do? I like all the screenshots of dark edge and I want it but im stuck at this screen please help.

click report and then power off from there...when you turn it back on you have to boot into recovery..enable usb mass storage..then you could make bugless beastv1.1 and update.zip in your main directory on your compter. when you do that install the update.zip. You need to change the launcher to home. You can do it by downloading another home replacement app so the menu to choose can pop up again. once you do that, then you could try installing theme again. good luck and hope my instructions weren't that bad

audioman42

Reaction score
Anyone know why I can't get the themed search widget to work?

4754f490.png

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have a few issues. The biggest is that the app aCar is barely useable (not at all if you don't have the fields memorized) because of white on white txt. Also the agenda view of calendar via the Beautiful Widgets home is barely visible because of grey on white text.

Also most scroll bars seem broken (ie not solid or constant).

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Is anyone else having problems with the gallery? I have ALOT of pictures, and it seems to be really slow at loading them in the gallery. I was not having this problem before DE.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Anyone know why I can't get the themed search widget to work?

Search widget is exclusive to launchers, by this I mean that the code for the search widget to look like the rest of DE is specific to each launcher. I believe DroidSloth said he didn't include the launcher theme because he didn't know how to make it work with the 9 screens.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Ok I can't seem to download from the market, it goes to 100% and then force closes... is there a fix for this? If not i'll have to go back to my old theme from yesterday, cause I absolutely need to update my apps from the market.

Too bad too, the theme is really nice

Last edited:
OP
DroidSloth

DroidSloth

Reaction score
Ok I can't seem to download from the market, it goes to 100% and then force closes... is there a fix for this? If not i'll have to go back to my old theme from yesterday, cause I absolutely need to update my apps from the market.

Too bad too, the theme is really nice

Most people don't have a problem with the market. If you look back thru some of the single digit pages, maybe it was somewhere in 3-6, not quite sure, someone gave some steps to get the market working.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I had the same issue. I reinstalled the .zip file for the framework main. Then a2s. Then i removed vending.cpy (in the apps MM theme). I haven't had problems since. I always nandroid after each step just in case.
Ex. Stock BB1.1 all apps and signed into everything. Nandroid
DE Framework .zip. Nandroid
DE Apps. Nandroid
DE Icons. Final Nandroid.

then i delete the framework and apps Nandroid and keep the origional stock BB and the finished BB.

Wait, so there is a fix?! If you could do a step by step thing for me to explain how you accomplished it, that would be wonderful, and I would be so grateful!

Sorry i was editing my post when you commented. Basically i removed the vending.cpy from the DE-Blue-Apps. MM theme and all is well.

So wait what does this mean 'MM theme'? I'm thinking metamorph, but that sorta doesn't make sense to me... trying to get the market to stop FC'ing on me as well..

OP
DroidSloth

DroidSloth

Reaction score
Wait, so there is a fix?! If you could do a step by step thing for me to explain how you accomplished it, that would be wonderful, and I would be so grateful!

Sorry i was editing my post when you commented. Basically i removed the vending.cpy from the DE-Blue-Apps. MM theme and all is well.

So wait what does this mean 'MM theme'? I'm thinking metamorph, but that sorta doesn't make sense to me... trying to get the market to stop FC'ing on me as well..

I have never been able to reproduce any market issues and I've installed the DE themes no less than 50 times on my phone (testing every color with/without icons at least once). The MM Theme he is referring to is the apps theme from the original DE post by Xeudoxus. So he installed my base theme for BB then installed metamorph, then installed the original mm "MARKET APPS" downloaded from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/xeudoxus/43628-release-darkedge-ui.html. Or something like that, just a guess.

OP
DroidSloth

DroidSloth

Reaction score
These here tubes seemed to be clogged with Froyo today! Since's Pete's release is only RC, I'ma gonna hold off on theming it until another release comes out. Sorry all.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Just wanted to report back that I got the market fixed. I went to a completely stock bb 1.1 rom and flashed DE over that and it all works great.. the vending.apk just didn't wanna play nice with whatever I was using.

Theme looks gr8!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk