Dark Edge for Chaos?

hookerdj

Reaction score
O will tell you this clocked at 600 it is extremely fast

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

amosavitas

Reaction score
Hey Bgill, the only themes that I use are Clean Black and DarkEdge, I've beta tested DarkEdge since the end of March, and would be thrilled to test your port.

umdterp

Reaction score
OK...dumb question time :).

I actually followed all 50+ pages and 500+ posts on the Dark Edge release in the Xeudoxus section. It was all..."how in the world do I install this?". Or in spite of repeated... "it won't work on Bugless Beast"..."how do I get this on Bugless Beast". I understand all of that and there is a lot of educational stuff that comes out of that discussion.

Now the question is this. Is Dark Edge just a fancy theme that does nothing past offer a new look to a theme (yes it does look nice) and a different approach to complicated themes, or is it really some new UI in the vein that the HTC sense is a UI? Does it improve haptic response, does it smooth up and speed up screen transitions, use less RAM, bring sanity to the climate debate...or what? What is there that makes it the Dark Edge UI? Sorry, but I didn't see that explanation.

Now I have been using the full Red theme in RedRum Chaos 1.3 for a while now, so I am glad to see it getting ported to the Team Chaos ROM. I hope the install process can be made a part of the ROM Manager in the Team Chaos section with the rest of the themes. I'm pretty happy with the Red Rum theme, but when this Dark Edge "difficult period" eases up, I may try it.

I have DE installed now and let me just say its great and not bad to install if u follow the instructions. It is not a complete UI as in TouchSense but it is more of a theme than probably anything u've used, it completely themes most of the system apps, widgets and the system framework, changes the lockscreen to something completely new, loading screens, etc. You'll immediately know you're running something different from the moment it boots up. As to how it is merged with RedRum Chaos, we shall see but I'm definately excited.

basedboii

Reaction score
I have dark edge installed too and its very nice and I would love to see it merge with red rom, I know it would be fast lol. The only thing I didn't like about dark edge was the lockscreen wouldn't show if you have new notifications, you have to unlock it everytime to see new notification, its not a big deal though. :)

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
what is the big deal about dark edge? it doesnt seem much different than any other black or cleanblack theme...?? are the features completely different?

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Its like clean black but X took the idea and added so many features and coding to his theme its just insane. you wont be disappointed

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i have it 100% ported I did this on my own I had to rewrite alot of code that isnt in our rom the DE has in it. now for the catch Launcher2 doesnt work for some reason but the anderweb launcher I posted about works great. also Maps got an update to 4.2 and alot has changed with the apk itself and the MM the DE provided breaks the whole apk I will have to go through and manually port it it unless you guys are ok with 4.1.1. as far as permission goes I have full permission to port this to the rom! Xuexudous gave it to me over gtalk the other day.

this was by far the hardest port I have ever done!

Kmart95

Reaction score
what is the big deal about dark edge? it doesnt seem much different than any other black or cleanblack theme...?? are the features completely different?

Its a little bit more colorful than say clean black, it has a lot of yellow/gold in it instead of grey/white. It is also more than a theme that most people are used to it changes pretty much everything including apps that you download after you install the theme and it changes the functionality of the lock screen not just the color. It changes the boot animation too which usually only full ROMS do. All i can say is install and you will understand what i mean

Ayrond

Reaction score
Thanks for the hard work, I can't wait to try it out!dancedroid

basedboii

Reaction score
i have it 100% ported I did this on my own I had to rewrite alot of code that isnt in our rom the DE has in it. now for the catch Launcher2 doesnt work for some reason but the anderweb launcher I posted about works great. also Maps got an update to 4.2 and alot has changed with the apk itself and the MM the DE provided breaks the whole apk I will have to go through and manually port it it unless you guys are ok with 4.1.1. as far as permission goes I have full permission to port this to the rom! Xuexudous gave it to me over gtalk the other day.

Wow that was fast! Good job man

jlambeth1

Reaction score

I will put in my vote for sticking with Maps 4.1.1 as I have been reading of a lot of problems people are having with the 4.2 Maps.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I will put in my vote for sticking with Maps 4.1.1 as I have been reading of a lot of problems people are having with the 4.2 Maps.

thats what I did, oh good so im not the only one that is having issues Sweet. its out to testers! now!

jlambeth1

Reaction score

thats what I did, oh good so im not the only one that is having issues Sweet. its out to testers! now!

Sweet, can't wait to try it out when it's released!

SteveC

Reaction score
So Map 4.2 gets fixed. Then what, a theme update? I have no problem with 4.1.1, but I just finished the 4.2 update then saw this. I really do not care if it comes out DE with 4.1.1, so I guess it is up to bgill55 to decide if he wants to do a 4.2 update when the new Google Map gets the bugs worked out. I am more than a bit curiouis to see this DE theme, so if it needs to be with 4.1.1, that's fine. Will we see another update available notification in Market for 4.2 if we regress to 4.1.1 for the theme and just have to ignore it? I don't see any 4.2 bugs with what little I've used it. But then I never had a problem going up from 4.0 either.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So Map 4.2 gets fixed. Then what, a theme update? I have no problem with 4.1.1, but I just finished the 4.2 update then saw this. I really do not care if it comes out DE with 4.1.1, so I guess it is up to bgill55 to decide if he wants to do a 4.2 update when the new Google Map gets the bugs worked out. I am more than a bit curiouis to see this DE theme, so if it needs to be with 4.1.1, that's fine. Will we see another update available notification in Market for 4.2 if we regress to 4.1.1 for the theme and just have to ignore it? I don't see any 4.2 bugs with what little I've used it. But then I never had a problem going up from 4.0 either.

I wont be including 4.2 until I can look at it more closely