cyanogenmod 6 RC1 and wireless tether

betoranaldi

Reaction score
I'm new to rooting and was able to root my 2.1 moto droid and using ROM Manager was able to install cyanogenmod 6 RC1.

I did this to get froyo and wireless tether.

After installation I saw that the integrated wireless tether isn't supported so I downloaded the Android WiFi Tether (2.0.5 pre2) I got it running, I can connect to the hotspot but my computer has a self assigned IP address and can't connect to the internet.

Does anyone have any experiance with this? Can someone help me getting this going?

Thanks,
B

djembeman

Reaction score
Sorry to see nobody has answered you on this. I'm trying to get Barnacle WiFi tether to work right now. Did you find any answers?

djembeman

Reaction score
Yes. Are you running CyanogenMod 6.0.0 as well? I don't know if making sure to wipe data and cache would solve your problem. Wiping data and cache before flashing a ROM.

OP
B

betoranaldi

Reaction score
Yes. Are you running CyanogenMod 6.0.0 as well? I don't know if making sure to wipe data and cache would solve your problem. Wiping data and cache before flashing a ROM.

yup, I wiped and cleared cache, no dice. The computer says it connects to the device but has a self assigned ip address. I have a friend who has the same problem.

djembeman

Reaction score
Are you running stock kernel or a custom one? I don't remember if I tried with the stock kernel. P3Droid Low Voltage 125-1000MHz works great for me.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The latest version of the app is well above pre2, so make sure you're running the latest version.

Your computer has a self-assigned IP address... Are you trying to connect the computer to the phone to get online or vice versa?

djembeman

Reaction score
The latest version of the app is well above pre2, so make sure you're running the latest version.

Or I guess play it safe like me and use the one in the Market??? Mine works amazing with version 2.0.2

Or just try different versions?

I'm still posting in the correct place if this thread was moved right?

djembeman

Reaction score
Barnacle & Wifi Tether Not Running? - CyanogenMod Forum

The above is how someone solved their problem from Cyanogen Forums. I initially had the problem of Easy Tether Interfering with my other wired tether app, but it seems it was getting in this persons way with Wireless Tether. Sounds like you just need to make sure its not intalled on your PC.