CyanogenMod 6 - Froyo

butterfras

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, you can now download CyanogenMod 6 on Rom Manager. It's under Nightly/Experimental Builds. I just set it up and it looks good. Right now I can't get the bluetooth to work or the facebook account to add (includes contact sync), but other than that everything else works. The speed difference is incredible. Try it out! Let us hear what you think, what you see.

Thanks to Topaz330 for the heads up.

Edit: The camera also doesn't work. But in all fairness the rom description says stuff doesn't work.

Last edited:

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First....yes!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Runs pretty smooth....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

killer2239

Reaction score
Now if only i can root my phone tonight. I tried last night but couldnt get adb shell to recognize the phone in recovery mode.

S

spacemanps

havent ventured to rooting my INC yet... did it on my droid was a breeze, i read that the INC is a pain to root... that tru?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it can be. took me 3 days. but that was way before the boot loops and new tricks

jakemerrell

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, you can now download CyanogenMod 6 on Rom Manager. It's under Nightly/Experimental Builds. I just set it up and it looks good. Right now I can't get the bluetooth to work or the facebook account to add (includes contact sync), but other than that everything else works. The speed difference is incredible. Try it out! Let us hear what you think, what you see.

Thanks to Topaz330 for the heads up.

Edit: The camera also doesn't work. But in all fairness the rom description says stuff doesn't work.

I have this build running on my inc and it is sweet. It runs really quick and the only thing I have noticed is the camera like you mentioned. Froyo is fast!

killer2239

Reaction score
Ok, so i am new to rooting. I just rooted my phone with 10min video. Do i need to do anything else before i can use rom manager and install this? The only thing iv done is all the steps in the 10minute video of rooting, nothing else. Iv heard something about Nand or something, do i need to do that?

vbhines

Reaction score
I just downloaded it - installing it now. I think I jacked it up the first time because I accidentally installed the Google Apps pack that came with CM5.0.8 instead of the one that came with CM6. Got a boot loop. Ok...just reinstalled...wait for it...wait for it...booting...BOOTED! Now, let the instability begin! My wife is getting really pissed that my phone is inoperable half the time now because I'm constantly changing my ROM. She just doesn't get it.

killer2239

Reaction score
I really like CM6, only things that bother me are the Facebook sync, and Camera. Those are my main issues with it right now. And i really miss my "favorite" widget from Sense UI. Is there a replacement or way to install it?

OP
B

butterfras

Reaction score
If you're talking about for your contacts, you can add a live folder for starred contacts to your home screen.

sn1perxx

Reaction score
new rom

The other issue I have run into is that the GPS doesn't work in this ROM. Other then that this is amazingly fast.

Last edited: