Cyan 5.08 Music.apk will work on BB 0.2.1

ashkev843

Reaction score
Just wanted to let anyone who wants it that the Music app from cyanmod 5.08 will work on froyo. It has swipe gestures and some other options the stock one does not. here is the .zip file for it. Just rename it to Music.apk and push it using adb or using terminal on the phone. I switched one to have white notifications too if anyone wants that one let me know. All credit goes to Koush and his team....all i did was pull it off his Rom. I also deleted the MusicGoogle.apk from my system/app, don't really know if it is necessary, but no reason to have both of them on there.

Last edited:

bill12690

Reaction score
should be able to use pete's switchmusic script to do it in one step, just for those that are gonna give this a shot

OP
A

ashkev843

Reaction score
should be able to use pete's switchmusic script to do it in one step, just for those that are gonna give this a shot

Good call...that would make it easy. I didn't even think about the scripts.

geronimogman

Reaction score
can someone tell me how to PUSH this..sorry i just rooted and still learning what do i type in terminal emulator after i have this on my sd card

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
can someone tell me how to PUSH this..sorry i just rooted and still learning what do i type in terminal emulator after i have this on my sd card

If it is on your SDcard rename it Music2.apk and in terminal type
su
sysrw
cd /sdcard
cp -R Music2.apk /system/app
sysro
sync
reboot

Or rename it whatever you like but in the command refer to it as you named it, make sure the spaces are before the slashes or you will get errors

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

stark23x

Reaction score
I'd love the white notifications one if you have it. Thanks for this!

geronimogman

Reaction score
ok so what do i type to uninstall it? it wasnt what i expected it to be, or i will keept it and can u just tell me how to uninstall the stock mp3 player

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok so what do i type to uninstall it? it wasnt what i expected it to be, or i will keept it and can u just tell me how to uninstall the stock mp3 player

If you have RootExplorer open it, mount as R/W go into system/app find the .apk you would like to delete, long press it and delete, if you don't have RootExplorer it's for sale in the Market and hard to live without

PSUDroid

Reaction score
Anyone else getting fcs when clicking on playlists? I'm on 2.2

jimmiet

Reaction score
Widget works...opening from app drawer force closes every time.

bigredjeep

Reaction score

If it is on your SDcard rename it Music2.apk and in terminal type
su
sysrw
cd /sdcard
cp -R Music2.apk /system/app
sysro
sync
reboot

Or rename it whatever you like but in the command refer to it as you named it, make sure the spaces are before the slashes or you will get errors

Here are the commands i used to remove it :
su
sysrw
rm /system/app/Music2.apk
sysro
reboot