Custom Ringtones/Text/Alarm tones inactive

s3t0

Reaction score
So I enjoy making ringtones, alot. I have custom ringers, text alerts and even alarms. Now the phone has stopped making any of those noises. I shut the phone off, remove the battery, and it returns for a short period of time then goes away!!

I use Handcent for texting, thats about it. The stock ringtones on the phone however work fine, has anyone had this problem??

Itamar

Reaction score
I had that problem. I'm rooted, so I solved it by pushing my custom ringtones directly to the phone's ringtone directory, instead of the SD card.

OP
s3t0

s3t0

Reaction score
on the sd card
i dont know how to store them on the phone itself :blink:

Itamar

Reaction score
/system/media/audio/ has 4 sub directories, alarms, notifications, ringtones and ui. Place the ringtone in the applicable directory. You can only access these directories if you are rooted.

OP
s3t0

s3t0

Reaction score
i use astro to manage files
ive seen a few threads about rooted and that beast program with overclocking?
call me a noob if u must, im compeltely lost as to where to go to run this program or its benefits
i just want my cool ringtones back damnit!

OP
s3t0

s3t0

Reaction score
Thank you, I flipped through the thread
it seems when the phone originally came out there was no folders created. I think if I can move my ringtones to the phone I will fix the problem

Also, all my apps are on the phones storage, and i have 15GB free on the SD, is there any way to move all my apps onto the SD card and vice versa?

thatguychuck

Reaction score
This is a shot in the dark here, but are you properly mounting and un mounting the card? When the phone is mounted it no longer has access to the card and tones. Maybe something is happening with the un mount process.

OP
s3t0

s3t0

Reaction score
yea i unmount on the screen and then unplug it, it happens at very random intervals in the day dude
like im at work and it just stops or whatnot, i feel its the sd card because i cant listen to music either, it says this format is unsupported, i shut the phone off and restart it and it works fine for like a half hour or so?

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Interesting. I'd try a different sd card if you have one. If it were me I'd start thinking about getting in the return line at Verizon. Hopefully someone will come a long with some better insight.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For notifications: media/audio/notifications
For ringtones: media/audio/ringtones
For alarms: media/audio/alarms

In simple terms, on the Droid SD card create a directory called "media". Then in the media directroy just create a subdirectory called "audio". Then in the audio directory create subdirectories called "notifications", "ringtones", and "alarms". Then just drop your files.

That's what I did and have had no problems. I drop new stuff in there all the time. (I get bored.) :icon_ devil:

OP
s3t0

s3t0

Reaction score
I just pulled everything off it and reformatted the card
im currently loading everything back
reason i did that is i was messing around with the phone and i realized i cant access any media, music, my recorded videos, and my pictures were deathly slow in loading

crossing my fingers the reformat fixed it!