Custom recovery image

sehorn12385

Reaction score
Im trying to install nandroid by following the steps on the following site Custom Recovery Image - Root Your Droid and it detects the phone but cant find the flash_file on my card at the dd if=/sdcard/flash_image of=/data/local/flash_image step and i have the file on my card i just have it at the bottom of my card is it supposed to be in a certain folder and is it supposed to be a text file cause thats the only way i seem to be able to get it to download. Any advice or answers would be much appreciated. I know there are other forums on issues like these but many are issues with it not detecting the phone.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you downloaded flash_image.txt, remove the ".txt" and try again.. also make sure you have the 'hide extensions' unchecked if you're using windows

OP
sehorn12385

sehorn12385

Reaction score
where do click to hide extensions? and it is saved as flash_image no text extension on the end of the file. On sd card as shown in picture below and I'm using windows vista

vpshockwave

Reaction score
where do click to hide extensions? and it is saved as flash_image no text extension on the end of the file. On sd card as shown in picture below and I'm using windows vista

It's under Organize --> Folder and Search Options ---> View

[EDIT] Alternatively you could just run:

dd if=/sdcard/flash_image.txt of=/data/local/flash_image

52brandon

Reaction score
Droidrootpro is worth the money imo to do all this stuff painlessly for you...

OP
sehorn12385

sehorn12385

Reaction score
so I'm now using droidrootpro to install busybox and it comes up saying that its installed and to use cp to finish which I take to mean command prompt and when I follow the normal install processes on forums how to install it comes up saying that it cant locate busybox

52brandon

Reaction score
Check bin and xbin... it may be in one and not the other

OP
sehorn12385

sehorn12385

Reaction score
I got it to install by not even using droidrootpro i used the adbshell thing and pushed it but it still goes into the standard recovery module when rebooting in recovery mode

52brandon

Reaction score
You installed both flash and busy box? You mounted both drives? It worked flawlessly for me...