Credential Storage ???

Hermes

Reaction score
Can someone please explain?

In the security settings, what is "Credential Storage" and what am I securing when I check "use secure credentials"?

Sleeve

Reaction score
It's for installing VPN and SSL client authentication certificates that you use to access VPNs or web servers that use certificates as logon credentials. It's fairly rare to need to use credential storage for the majority of Droid users. If you don't possess any digital certificates that identify you, it has no value to you and you're not missing out on using a feature.

dmdroid

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the default password is for "Credential Storage"?

I can't recall setting up a password for this function.

I did set up wifi on my secured wifi device, and connecting the phone to the wifi for the first time required using the password for the router access.

Any help on this? As I'm a little confused.

Thanks

cal3255

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the default password is for "Credential Storage"?

I can't recall setting up a password for this function.

I did set up wifi on my secured wifi device, and connecting the phone to the wifi for the first time required using the password for the router access.

Any help on this? As I'm a little confused.

Thanks
This first link says there shouldn't be a default password and that you "SHOULD" be able to create your own (and obviously not forget it):
Help on Droid "Use secure credentials" - Verizon Wireless Community

But then this one responds to what seems to be the same issue, but spoke (at least to me) gibberish in his response... But it sounds like he must have either already set a credential storage password and didn't think much about it as time went by since he's owned the phone...
xda-developers - View Single Post - [Android Questions and Answers] Android General Questions HERE Please

But personally, as said above by (user: SLEEVE), I don't think you should really deal with setting credential passwords because their mainly for keeping other people for buying things in the android market and getting into personal information, etc

...but by all means, correct me if I'm wrong... or help this topic out with a little more/better info on on this topic!!!

LoveIsLife555

Reaction score
what is this credential storage thing

What is this? I'm still not understanding it would be great if u could break that down
sesame. Street for us not so computer saver users, I would like to know exactly what this
feature is an how I would go about using it ...what are certificates for SSL and such?????
Wha...blame it on my vast hunger for knowledge ...can u explain in English ..not computer
language lol