Creating Music Playlists

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have about 8GB of music on my SD Card. There's no rhyme or reason for my selection. I have anywhere from country to rock, hip hop to classical music. Is there a way to go into the SD card and create a playlist and add a bunch of songs, or do I have to go song by song to do this? I'd love to be able to do it a lot quicker than what it appears to be.

Thanks in advance.

alphawave7

Reaction score
Unclear on what exactly you're asking. There is an app in the market called 'Playlist Builder' but it, and MANY playlist builders require tags for sorting. Tags vary according to the filetype you are using (eg. id3 for mp3 files). Many Windows apps are available to create playlists from your tunes, but you do have to hook up your phone, and nav to your music folder IN these apps to load, organise, and create playlists. A REALLY old-school, but VERY effective, small footprint tool is called CFlash's 'Jukebox Synchronizer' (aka JBSynch):
C-Flash Software - Jukebox Tools
Your sdcard's music folder becomes the 'jukebox', and it can quickly shuffle tunage automagically btw. puter and sdcard, updating your listening collection and creating playlists with every hookup/sync..so you never tire of the music on your sdcard, it's always changing. Hope this helps. :)

HamDog

Reaction score
I understand your question, but don't know the answer. However, there may be a work around.

I've collected MP3 music from the old free Napster file sharing days. I've also made mp3s from old albums and tapes. Many of my songs have improper tags.

To make things manageable, I made subfolders for different types of music (rock, rap, jazz, blues, et.). On my home computer, I organized all my music into the proper folder. Then I transferred all the subfolders to the Music folder on my Droid.

Then I downloaded mortplayer from the marketplace (it's free). It's the only music player (that I know of) that can recognize folders. I can tell it to play random songs from the "Rock" foler (or any other folder).

This isn't exactly creating playlists, but it's one step closer to it than complete randomness of 8 Gigs of music! Hope this helps.