Crazy Battery Problems

mcal24

Reaction score
I don't really know a ton about Android, but for close to a year I have had issues with the battery on my Droid Razr Maxx. I am rooted and currently running Carbon rom, but these issues happen no matter what rom I have, or if I'm on stock. So basically, my phone seems like it changes it's mind about how much battery it has left frequently. It will be almost dead, so I will plug it in, and it will charge normally for a while then eventually jump straight to 100%. Like it will go from 5%-50% just fine, then all of a sudden it reads 100%. When I take it off the charger and use it normally, it will drain fine, although somewhat fast, until it hits about 70% and it jumps down to 49%. Then it will drain to 40%, jump to 19% and drain normally from there.

I have tried almost everything I can find online, including calibrating my battery with different apps, calibrating with different charging methods (completely discharge, charge while off, repeat), factory resetting, and a few other things I can't think of at the moment. Since it is a Razr Maxx, I think I should be easily making it through a day or two with moderate usage, but now I can only make it about 10 hours with light usage. I typically only have between 1-4 hours of screen on time.

On a different note, when the battery drops to about 20%, my network connection will shut off. Not sure if this is the rom I am on or if it is something to do with my phone.

Screenshot_2013-10-19-00-50-46.png Screenshot_2013-10-26-00-57-19.png Screenshot_2013-12-01-17-24-03.png

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Are you using a 3rd party charger by chance? These cheaper knock-offs have a long history of not charging devices properly. Even causing damage at at times.
Otherwise, it simply sounds like your battery has gone bad. If so, check into insurance options.

OP
M

mcal24

Reaction score
Are you using a 3rd party charger by chance? These cheaper knock-offs have a long history of not charging devices properly. Even causing damage at at times.
Otherwise, it simply sounds like your battery has gone bad. If so, check into insurance options.

Nope, stock charger. Here's a few more screenshots from battery monitor widget when it is charging and discharging.

It says it charges at 55% and hour...

upudehet.jpg

ba8e3ypu.jpg

OP
M

mcal24

Reaction score
It just dropped from 76% to 49%, and it looks like the Voltage (I think thats what the mV means) stayed the same, at about 3841 mV. Does this mean anything?