Cover art for music

davidwar

Reaction score
I was able to easily copy my music from my desktop to the Nexus. However, I have downloaded and installed 2 different album cover finder apps and yet when I play my music on the phone the album covers do not show up, even though each app found the covers for the songs. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there some setting that I should be changing?

msheldon

Reaction score
As near as I can tell, the stock google music app will only display cover art embedded in the actual sound file. It does not look for external cover art files.

Lame

OP
D

davidwar

Reaction score
As near as I can tell, the stock google music app will only display cover art embedded in the actual sound file. It does not look for external cover art files.

Lame

I guess there must be other music players that can be downloaded that will read the album covers.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

Lame
Boy,you nailed that one on the head,talked with a google music rep and he said the same thing,in fact-he sent me an email explaining how i can get the covers for all my music

msheldon

Reaction score
Basically, what it comes down to is the Google music player was designed to be a front-end for their cloud music service. If you're just playing music on the local device, it's both overkill and yet somewhat lacking.

MixZing has annoyed me lately, It seems to be forgetting I paid for the premium version, and showing ads.

Been trying various players tonight. For a really bare-bones media player, MediaPlus is nice.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thank you for contacting Google Music. It was my pleasure assisting you today.

By default, Google will keep the metadata and album art embedded within your music files. You can quickly select multiple songs when using your computer to access Google Music. Select a song, hold down the 'Shift' key and select another song in the list to select a range of songs. To multi-select individual songs throughout the list, hold down the 'Ctrl' key while selecting. Once selected, you can edit metadata for all of the selected songs at the same time.

Editing album metadata and art:

1. Visit the Music player from your computer at music.google.com (metadata can't currently be edited from within the Android application)
2. Select an album
3. Click the down arrow (triangle) to the right of the album name
4. Select 'Edit album info'

Editing song metadata and art:

1. Visit the Music player from your computer
2. Select an album or playlist
3. Hover over over the song you’d like to edit
4. Click the down arrow (triangle) to the right of the song info
5. Select 'Edit song info'

You can obtain album artwork from images.google.com and save the picture to your computer by right-clicking. Then use the instructions above to change the album art. Once the art has been assigned, be sure to sync the Music app for the changes to update.

If for any reason you need to contact us again, please feel free to reply directly to this email or visit our help center at Android Market Help

OP
D

davidwar

Reaction score
Basically, what it comes down to is the Google music player was designed to be a front-end for their cloud music service. If you're just playing music on the local device, it's both overkill and yet somewhat lacking.

MixZing has annoyed me lately, It seems to be forgetting I paid for the premium version, and showing ads.

Been trying various players tonight. For a really bare-bones media player, MediaPlus is nice.

It does have ads, but I downloaded it and it works great. If you are not satisfied with the album cover it gives you, you can have it search for an alternative. This is just what I was looking for. Thanks.

mmcompute

Reaction score

By default, Google will keep the metadata and album art embedded within your music files. You can quickly select multiple songs when using your computer to access Google Music. Select a song, hold down the 'Shift' key and select another song in the list to select a range of songs. To multi-select individual songs throughout the list, hold down the 'Ctrl' key while selecting. Once selected, you can edit metadata for all of the selected songs at the same time.

1. Visit the Music player from your computer at music.google.com (metadata can't currently be edited from within the Android application)
2. Select an album

You can obtain album artwork from images.google.com and save the picture to your computer by right-clicking. Then use the instructions above to change the album art. Once the art has been assigned, be sure to sync the Music app for the changes to update.

If for any reason you need to contact us again, please feel free to reply directly to this email or visit our help center at Android Market Help

So I've been doing this with my album art work. My edits show correctly on the music.google.com but the album art work does not download to my phone so I have a lot of alums with two-tone colored artwork (generic). Does this method work for anyone? It seemed like google music worked great before the last OTA update for Droid Rarr.

Capone76

Reaction score
Yeah it put backstreet boys for my album art for like killswitch engage and a lot of other bands. I swear to you all I don't have one backstreet boys song. Embarrassing if someone picks my phone up. Lol. Why can't they just put no cover art if it couldn't be found. Makes me not want to use

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

scampcat

Reaction score

2. Select an album

Eee-gads that could take forever. I use WinAmp, multi-select, and auto-tag to make sure my tags are actually correct first...it has an auto-discover/auto-tag feature. That way I can apply it to my library rather than file by file or album by album. Then I import them into Mp3Tag and do an Auto Cover Art download. Takes a while, but not a lot of human effort involved. And it's a free solution. Whatever WinAmp and Mp3Tag don't know about, I hunt for myself.