Corporate Sync issue

jesq

Reaction score
I have had my Droid 2 for about a month and a half. After some initial problems getting my work email set up, it has been working flawlessly ever since. Yesterday, my status bar indicated I had new email on that account, so I tried to see what it was. There was nothing there. All of my old email is gone, there is nothing new and all of my calendar entries are gone. When the phone tries to sync with that account, it takes a very long time and then says there are no messages. In the past, when there have been connection problems with that account, I have gotten an orange triangle with an exclamation point inside, indicating the connection problem. I am not getting that now.

I tried sending a test email from my work account (on my phone) to my home account. The message went through, but I when I checked the sent messages on my phone for my work account, there was nothing there. I checked the webmail for my work account and everything is there, so it's not a problem on the server end. I can't figure out what happened or how to fix it. I have not changed anything.

The work email is Outlook 2007, which is hosted by a third-party company.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you tried simple things, like:

1. Rebooting your phone
2. Checking to see if anyone else at work is having problems
3. Calling/emailing your hosting company's support line to see if there are any known issues on their end
4. Removing and re-adding the account on your phone

OP
J

jesq

Reaction score
I've tried number 1. I'm the only one at work with an android phone - everyone else has blackberries. I've considered number 3, but they don't really support android, although they were able to give me the correct setting information when I was having trouble initially. I will probably try 4 first.

I posted, in part, to see if anyone else was experiencing anything similar, or if it was a problem unique to me. Thanks for the suggestions.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
If #4 doesn't work, the next best step is Factory Reset...in Settings>Privacy.

Can resolve a lot of hard to track down issues...

OP
J

jesq

Reaction score
Hmm, email mysteriously came back while I was on hold with tech support for the email hosting company. Thought the problem was fixed, so I hung up. Calendar still isn't working, but I may give it a little time to mysteriously re-appear as well.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
That does sound a lot more like server-side issues.

OP
J

jesq

Reaction score
I unchecked the box to sync the calendar, then re-checked it and eventually all of my appointments came back. Whew!