Copying music to Droid from Mac (10.6.2)

muymoo

Reaction score
I've mounted my Droid to my unibody mbp and created a folder called "music" on it. When I try to drag and drop a folder of music from my "Storage" partition (FAT32) I occasionally get the error:

The operation can’t be completed because an item with the name "<folder name>" already exists.

and only an artist folder is created with the first song in it, nothing else.

Some folders copy flawlessly and other don't. I've tried to find a common pattern (spaces in the file name, file types, multiple albums, size, etc.) but to no avail. Could it possibly have something to do with it being a FAT32?

See this thread:

Apple - Support - Discussions - operation can't be completed because an ...

UPDATE: It appears that when I copy from my OSX drive (Mac OS Ext), I do not have a problem. Any ideas as to why? It's not the end of the world to copy my music twice, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Last edited:

sgdossey

Reaction score
I don't have an answer to your problem specifically, but DoubleTwist for Mac works great for the Droid. I tried transferring music, photos, and video with no problems. Supports playlists also. I usually just use my Windows 7 box for this, but decided to just try out DoubleTwist on the Mac. Works great.

OP
muymoo

muymoo

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice for Doubletwist, I've tried it, but my music folder is well organized enough that I think the easiest way would be to drag and drop.

Nope, the music is not DRM protected.

I'm pretty sure the problem is with the FAT formatting...

JGard

Reaction score
I've been trying DoubleTwist with my Mac and I've also tried just manually copying from disc to the Droid and it constantly hangs up. The most I've been able to copy to my Droid has been 2.5 GB before the Droid completely locks up, to the point that the only thing I can do is remove the battery to get it to restart. Very frustrating so far.