Cool New Lock Screen Replacement App "MagicLocker" Preview

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-from-the-forums.jpg

We wanted to share something really cool with you guys today. Along with the articles he writes for us, DroidModderX will do the occasional video preview or review as well. Today, here is his first video Preview of the Lock Screen replacement app, "MagicLocker."

[video=youtube;LPV8oucdStY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LPV8oucdStY[/video]​

If you are tired of the mundane and are ready for some easy lockscreen customization you should definitely check out MagicLocker from the market. It is free and the themes for it are free too. Some of their custom lockscreens include a sense style lockscreen "HTC Sense3", a Samsung Galaxy S style lockscreen "Samsung GS", even an iOS style lockscreen "iPhone" for the two of you that want it... :)

You can use their built in wallpaper or you can choose your own! The themes are easily interchanged in the apps settings.

By DroidModderX

Source: Cool New Lock Screen Replacement App "MagicLocker"

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's pretty cool overall. Hopefully they will add the ability for the user to choose the app shortcuts on the lockscreen. Also, I think I'll have to wait til my next phone to use this. It's a little resource intensive for my OG.

Update: A bit buggy at the moment. Going to give it some time to evolve.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sbenson... its not buggy at all on my bionic.. but my bionic has 1.2ghz dualcore processor. Its probably your og :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Sbenson... its not buggy at all on my bionic.. but my bionic has 1.2ghz dualcore processor. Its probably your og :)

1.2 ghz huh pal? You have some magic Bionic that nobody else has?

It's 1 ghz.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1.2 ghz huh pal? You have some magic Bionic that nobody else has?

It's 1 ghz.

You are right... 1.2ghz just sounds alot cooler...

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are right... 1.2ghz just sounds alot cooler...

Wow, this thread is off topic but anyway can't you overclock the stock kernel? I haven't tried yet but I am rooted.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
2 problems i can list on my charge when listening to music with any player be it stock or google or pandora from the lockscreen u can't change volume and every time u hit the volume key it wakes the screen and the second one and this is using the htc sense it freezes a lot to where u can't move the ring or hit menu for settings to come up my screen still is on because i saw the time change. Oh and with the ICS lockscreen the new update has broken the ability to unlock the screen

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, my review.

On a scale of 10
Looks: 8 -Very nice looking app. The default theme is quite usable; it has unlock shortcuts to the messaging and phone app, much like MIUI did.

Usability: 5 - On my OG Droid, it was hard to wake the phone up. I pressed the power button multiple times to no avail. I would have to pull the keyboard out to get the lockscreen. It also seemed a little laggy, but not too much so. One major point, is that there is no password or pin security enabled with this app. So if you need security on your phone, this app will not work for you.

Uniqueness: 7 - There are not a lot of lock screen apps out there that I know of. This one has themes and is very functional, for simple unlock functions.

Last edited:

kiwiboyus

Reaction score
Can anyone here suggest a good replacement that will work with PIN? I'm forced to use a PIN on my D2G because I sync with my works exchange server.

Thanks.