Cool app called Remote Notifier

pyro6128

Reaction score
Check this app out. It will notify you on your comp when a text,call, email etc is received to your phone. Useful if your phone isnt right next to you, or if you dont want to have to pick it up to check and see whether or not the notification is worth your attention. heres more about it

Remote Notifier for Android - Android

Last edited:

R Droid

Reaction score
I could see it being helpful in the event you forgot your phone at home.
I did that the other day and all day I felt naked at work. :huh:

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
i dont know if it will work if leave you phone at home, ie long distances. I guess if you set it up to talk to your router it could. Right now imy phone just connects to my router at home, which my comp is already connected to and the notifications come through that

jackals

Reaction score
how does it work... i installed it on my phone.. tried to send a test and also had my gf text me nothing came up on my computer.. did i do something wrong?

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
you need to download the client for your computer as well, in the market description it tells you where to go

billyanks2

Reaction score
oddly, I get my growl notification a good 3-4 seconds before my phone vibrates notifying me of a text message. Is my phone just being really slow?

billyanks2

Reaction score
trouble since froyo: only some of my notifications are showing up now, and that's happened since i installed froyo. Does anyone else have this problem?