Convince Me

KerrAvon

Reaction score
I am struggling with the decision on whether or not to go with a custom rom.

Unlike most people here, I don't hate blur. I really don't understand why people do.

What are the advantages of Liberty over stock?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Cytochrome

Reaction score

Unlike most people here, I don't hate blur. I really don't understand why people do.

First of all, moto-blur is bloat that is not needed. Maybe some people do, to each is own. However, my DX is faster and more responsive now than ever before. I like to customize thing just that way I want them, if that is you then you will enjoy Liberty.

anrichardson

Reaction score

Maybe you have to expierence the other side of not having all blur. But in this you can have a little bit of blur. Besides, the speed of this rom and not having blur is enough alone.

Take the Toolbox for instance. You have 8gb of internal space, for what though. Why not make it useful. Download Liberty Toolbox from market, it's an update for us, but just go fish around and see all the options you can do.

anrichardson

Reaction score
Also there are roms out there that AOSP like and still have lots of blur options. Just adding more bloat like the user stated. Why not just have the bare necessities. Then add what you like. Moto seems to think they know what we want and need.

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score
Okay, I will give it a try. Will have the nandroid backup in case I don't like it or I have trouble with it.

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score
Okay, so far so good. However, how do I take widescreen photos like I could with the Blur camera? Could I get the Blur camera back?

ctslaton

Reaction score
I also like some blur. However, I also like playing and learning about my phone. Therefore I play with Roms. I think most people think of blur as a concept, rather than specific apps and functionality that were developed as something people would want to buy. I have seen some loss in functionality for an increase in speed and battery life. I then look for apps and ways to add the functionality back which I think is fun. Sometimes this sets me back on speed and battery so it is a constant evaluation and tweek for that elusive best build.
This is the reason I try roms.

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score
One more question. I liked how the blur dialer would find contacts/recent calls as you dialed numbers. Is there any way to get the blur dialer back? I didn't see that one in the toolbox.

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
One more question. I liked how the blur dialer would find contacts/recent calls as you dialed numbers. Is there any way to get the blur dialer back? I didn't see that one in the toolbox.

Yes, that is something I missed also... I haven't found a way to get it back either.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have blur on my phone and it runs absolutely exceptional. Blur gets way too much of a bad wrap.

That being said.. I would still give this ROM a try. It comes with a little bit of everything. Huge selection of themes, toolbox, speed and great support.

Shoot I'm running a different ROM and I'm suggesting to give this a shot :) These devs are amazing.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\