contacts not saving???

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I had some text me so I could save the nummber in my contact list. So I went to save and it asked if I want to save it under "myaccount"@gmail.com or @youtube.com. I saved it under my gmail. The sontacts name shows up under the text messege list and the call log list, but not under the contacts list....???? I have saved it a could times and still nothing. I have no idea what's going on.... any info?

bass_lover1

Reaction score
I had some text me so I could save the nummber in my contact list. So I went to save and it asked if I want to save it under "myaccount"@gmail.com or @youtube.com. I saved it under my gmail. The sontacts name shows up under the text messege list and the call log list, but not under the contacts list....???? I have saved it a could times and still nothing. I have no idea what's going on.... any info?

It wouldn't happen to be a similar name to someone you already have in your contacts, would it?

Example: I have a friend Ron, and another friend Ronnie. Android thinks they are the same person and lists both numbers under Ronnie. I had to add last names to keep them separate, as I couldn't find another way around this. Annoyingly though, if I search my contacts through my Gmail account (on the web) they are two separate entries, but get merged when synced with my Droid.

jdritzer

Reaction score
Be sure you make sure all your accounts are checked to show up as contacts. I had the same problem when I first got the phone but I just didn't have my google account saving numbers.

contacts>menu>display options

marcp

Reaction score
is there any way to save a specific contact to a specific list without having to check all contacts?