Contacts/Favorites

ray1945

Reaction score
About 1 third of my contacts have moved to FAVORITES without my input. Some of those that have moved are no longer in CONTACTS. Please give me your best thoughts on how I can move them back from FAVORITES to CONTACTS without manually retyping the ones that moved in error. Thank you!
Droid/2.1

Last edited:

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
About 1 third of my contacts have moved to FAVORITES without my input. Some of those that have moved are no longer in CONTACTS. Please give me your best thoughts on how I can move them back from FAVORITES to CONTACTS without manually retyping the ones that moved in error. Thank you!

OK, so try this. If you go into one of the Contacts that has mysteriously moved to your Favorites, when you touch the name and go inside is there a gold star at the top by the name? If so, touch it so it is gray again and that Contact will be removed from your Favorites. I'd suspect you just touched all those Contacts and inadvertantly 'Starred' them and that's why they're in your Favorites.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
To add to Anne's great advice, if you look closely, there's a section called "Frequently called" within the Favorites tab. In that section, the people who you call/who call you most will automatically show up. I find it to be a rather handy feature are times, but that's just my opinion. :D

OP
R

ray1945

Reaction score
Thanks I have already tried all combinations for the gold star and none of that changed the Favorite back into a contact. Thanks again

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So, are you saying that the people that show up in your favorites don't show up under your regular contacts? Or are you saying that they're showing up both places?

Go to Contacts, press menu, press Display options. Once there, check all of your settings. You may need to check how/where you have those people saved within your gmail contacts on your pc as well, but it sounds to me like you've got those people saved in a group that's not currently showing, but you've called/been called by them enough to have them show up in favorites...if they're showing up in favorites, but not in the regular contact list.