contact picture blurry...any fix to issue?

bishop7262

Reaction score
When I add picture to contacts it comes out very blurry or pixelated. Is there a certain resolution size to correct this? I have read where this is an issue but have not found a workaround to this problem.

rlb

Reaction score
I have it too, never bothered to look into it though. All of my contact pics are through facebook so I just attributed it to that.

Shaneathan

Reaction score
I have that problem too, but like rib, my contact pictures come from Facebook. I was actually just wondering about though - why can a picture appear blurry on the Droid even though it doesn't when you're actually looking at it on Facebook? Why can't it look nice? The picture is smaller on the Droid, so you'd think it'd be able to make a nice picture.

R

racklefratz

When I add picture to contacts it comes out very blurry or pixelated. Is there a certain resolution size to correct this? I have read where this is an issue but have not found a workaround to this problem.

180 pixels/inch has made two that look clear for me.

R

racklefratz

Can you change the pixels for pictures automatically taken from Facebook?

I apologize for my misleading statement earlier. "Pixels/inch" is what makes an image print size larger or smaller. It doesn't affect image resolution, which is the number of pixels it is wide and high.

I'd answer the original question this way: the larger the original image is, the better. When you make a contact picture, it will get resized anyway, but the more pixels you have to begin with, the better the final result will be.

If you begin with a really small image (such as Facebook images most likely are) and it needs to be resized larger, there won't be adequate color information which pixels contain. For example, if I take a 60X 80 pixel thumbnail and enlarge it to 600 X 800, the result is a very blurry image. That's what I suspect is happening here.

Last edited by a moderator: