Contact List vs Favorites

RickH

Reaction score
For no reason that I can see, my Droid seems to remove certain contacts from my Contact List and move them to my Favorites list. This is a real pain as the Favorites list is not sorted in any way that I can determine. I don't mind having names in favorites, but I would like for them to stay in Contacts also for alpha search. What am I doing wrong.

*************EDIT***************
OK, I misspoke. I have some names that appear on my Favorites Page, but they appear under the sub-heading "Frequently Called." Interestingly enough, when they get to "Frequently Called," they are removed from "Contacts." This is not universal, it is just some of the contacts. OK a bunch!

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Are you accidentally highlighting the little star beside their name? that's what adds them to favs. just go unhighlight the star :D hope that works

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For no reason that I can see, my Droid seems to remove certain contacts from my Contact List and move them to my Favorites list. This is a real pain as the Favorites list is not sorted in any way that I can determine. I don't mind having names in favorites, but I would like for them to stay in Contacts also for alpha search. What am I doing wrong.

:welcome: to the Forum. As CorinaCakes points out at some point you might be actually hitting them with a star.

Personally I feel the best way to handle any problems with contacts is to go into your gmail and take care of them on line. Computer is best for this but you can use your Droid as well.

truckbutt

Reaction score
I have posted a similiar problem and have yet to find a solution. My Droid copies contacts from my Contacts to my Favorites on its own. None of the favorites are starred in my Contacts. I double checked on my computer in my G mail account. None of my contacts are starred as Favorites. This leaves me with two questions:
1. How do I stop the Droid from making favorites?
2. How do I remove the contacts from my Favorites without removing them from my Contact's list?
Thanks,
Scott

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Hmm...I just played with it a bit...couldn't find a way to remove a contact from frequently called without deleting. As for them being removed from your contacts when they appear in your favorites, that's new to me...

There's an app on the market called contacts goupu I believe. I never tried it, because I don't have an issue like yours, but it allows you to create groups and may or may not prevent this issue. Worth a shot!

And welcome to the forum!

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with the favorites portion... by Facebook recently imported ALL of my friends list into my contacts. Before, it was only contacts I manually entered that sync'd up.. Now its everyone. I don't need the 100 people on FB I'll never see again in my contacts.... grr...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I haven't had any issues with the favorites portion... by Facebook recently imported ALL of my friends list into my contacts. Before, it was only contacts I manually entered that sync'd up.. Now its everyone. I don't need the 100 people on FB I'll never see again in my contacts.... grr...

Open the app, push menu-settings-sync contacts. Make sure it's set to existing only. If that doesn't work (give it time), sign out & back in, then set it to sync existing only. This way, if you put someone in your phone, it'll sync. Everyone else won't.