Contact - changing primary phone/e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

kliff50

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My wife and I each got a Droid Incredible a few weeks ago and have been learning ever since. Sue is much more patient than I and has a good mind for puzzling things out so I get her to help me. After I synced my contacts with Facebook I noticed the primary e-mail and phone number for many had changed. Now I understand the information from Facebook cannot be changed but I did want to change the default e-mail and phone number which brought me to this site. I search for a solution, found a lot of great tips on other features but did not find the answer I was looking for but Sue did. It is so simple – say you friend Mike has his home phone number on Facebook so when you synchronized your contact information with his Facebook account, the Facebook information became the primary number but you always call him on his cell phone. Press and hold the cell phone number and another window will pop up allowing to set this number as the primary. Works the same way for e-mail addresses.

Here are the steps: On the home screen press People, open Mike’s information, press and hold the number or e-mail you want to change to primary, an Action window pops up allowing you to change this one to primary.

Take care,
Cliff

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum, Cliff. thank you for wanting to be a participating member in our community.

OP
K

kliff50

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I posted this in the new member section but thought it should be here also. After I synced my contacts with Facebook I noticed the primary e-mail and phone number for many had changed. Now, I understand the information from Facebook cannot be changed but I did want to change the default e-mail and phone number which brought me to this site. I search for a solution, found a lot of great tips on other features but did not find the answer I was looking for but my wife, Sue, did. It is so simple – say your friend Mike has his home number on Facebook so when you synchronized your contact information with his Facebook account, the Facebook information became the primary number but you always call him on his cell phone. Press and hold the cell phone number and another window will pop up allowing to set this number as the primary. Works the same way for e-mail addresses.

Here are the steps: On the home screen press People, open Mike’s information, press and hold the number or e-mail you want to change to primary, an Action window pops up allowing you to change this one to primary.

Take care,
Cliff

Last edited:

triumphkid

Reaction score
This doesn't work for me. Right now - I have both an email address and phone number for a single contact marked as "primary". When I hold down email - it opens an send to screen. And on phone number - it offers call, new message, and set speed dial.

What am I doing wrong?

OP
K

kliff50

Reaction score
in my case there was two phone numbers and two e-mail accounts. I pressed and held on the one NOT marked primary then the other screen popped-up allow me to set that one to the primary

Last edited:

BarbaraL

Reaction score
Thanks Cliff -
I've been struggling with calling the wrong number on so many of my contacts for about a month now and finally thought to check out forums...
It worked and all's well.
Barbara

will331

Reaction score
OK, if i have set a number to be the primary, how the heck to I de-select it? I do not want a primary contact number. I can change from the persons' work to their cell easily enough, but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to make no number the primary...

OP
K

kliff50

Reaction score
I no longer have that phone but I'm sure one of the numbers has to a primary

regards,
cliff

will331

Reaction score
Thanks. I was hoping there is some way to do this...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Since you've posted this question regarding the primary phone number in another thread as well, I am closing this thread. Please refrain from double-posting across forums. Thanks. FoxKat, DroidForums.net Staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.