Constantly Have to Wait for Icons/Widgets to Reload

czonin

Reaction score
Ive noticed that over the past few days after pressing the home button to get out of an app or anything else I am taken to a blank home screen and have to wait a few seconds for my icons and widgets to reload. I have tried to use the option built into my ROM to free up 50mb's of system memory, keeping launcher pro in memory, and setting launcher pros memory usage to high (up from the default medium) and I am still experiencing the problem. Anyone have a solution?

Reaction score
i would check and see if the ROM you are running has Apps2SD enabled, because if it does then chances are your applications are on your SD card, so it takes a little while longer to load them up. So if thats the issue then just move the apps back to your phones memory.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Froyo changed the way apps work. This is a known problem, third party home replacements will have to reload.

droijo

Reaction score
I've realized this too on LP and have not had this issue at all in the past. Was on frf57 build and never updated. Just had this happening recently in the past couple days. Why would it just happen now if it's froyo?

I have this happening on any mildly memory intensive apps such as market, browser, etc.

dbuglio

Reaction score
I had this same issue with ADW launcher, had it set up perfectly however would reload widgets constantly. I make sure to install all apps to main memory and just my games to sd card.