"Connection Error" for incoming email (IMAP Server)

Todd in SD

Reaction score
I am following the exact same incoming/outgoing email settings as others from my corporation (Hewlett-Packard) and I keep getting a "Connection Error" whenever I try to download my corporate email. I can send an email out, but not receive any. I am using the IMAP server settings, SSL (accept all certs), port 993, etc. Any suggestions???

Thanks!
Todd

scifan001

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution? I have the same ISP provider for a second email and that works fine?
Thank you

rook6040

Reaction score
Imap Email Connection Issues

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am currently having this issue also with my HP email? I have imap setup correctly and it will authenticate both servers but I get a connection error when attempting to refresh the email client and download the emails. Currently working on the Moto Droid 1

I am following the exact same incoming/outgoing email settings as others from my corporation (Hewlett-Packard) and I keep getting a "Connection Error" whenever I try to download my corporate email. I can send an email out, but not receive any. I am using the IMAP server settings, SSL (accept all certs), port 993, etc. Any suggestions???

Thanks!
Todd

sc0rch3d

Reaction score
HP no worky on Android

I work for HP IT also and have talked to our security and managed mobility team. below is the reply about Froyo. Apparently someone screwed up something going from 2.1 to 2.2. I have been using TouchDown in the meantime and getting a new Android phone in the mail.

Android 2.2 is broken and Motorola as well as the carriers are not positive what is causing the issue. I asked this question directly to Motorola Technical Support and either they do not know or are not willing to share the information. It does not have anything to do with the exchange policy settings but then again, I cannot lessen any policy settings required by IT Security. I have heard Touchdown may help resolve the issue on a short term bases but as you mentioned, it opens the device wide up which IT Security will not allow, and it is a trial basis with an additional cost to the end user and / or HP once the period is over.

I am waiting on a long term solution as well and bottom line with the MMS environment, the Android OS is not supported.

If this doesn't get fixed, this is probably a deal breaker for me.