Connecting my BMW with my Droid

Adiction

Reaction score
I’m having trouble connecting my Droid to my vehicle via Bluetooth. I linked my phone to my 08 BMW 535i and every time I get in the car the phone links for a few seconds then disconnect and an error message on the phone comes up something about “connect.android.com” it does that several times it will link then disconnect is anyone else having this problem linking your Droid with your car? And if so can anyone help me with the problem.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I’m having trouble connecting my Droid to my vehicle via Bluetooth. I linked my phone to my 08 BMW 535i and every time I get in the car the phone links for a few seconds then disconnect and an error message on the phone comes up something about “connect.android.com” it does that several times it will link then disconnect is anyone else having this problem linking your Droid with your car? And if so can anyone help me with the problem.

I copied and pasted this from another website....maybe it will help you :)

I'd call the dealer to make sure you are running the most current software in your BMW. My guess is you could have older software which may be what is causing the problem.

Dream

Reaction score
I have issues with my Pioneer AVIC-D3. It connects and I can play music but making voice calls the phone error's out and resets. I think its a fix coming in the update.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have issues with my Pioneer AVIC-D3. It connects and I can play music but making voice calls the phone error's out and resets. I think its a fix coming in the update.

Remeber that Voice calls aren't supported VIA BT on the Droid yet. So making a call you'll have to pick up and dial then use BT to talk.

As far as connection to your BMW. Tell me how you are trying to do this and year and model of car. Before anyone asks Yes I work for BMW. Maybe we can help a little. Though I haven't tried to connect to a car here. Maybe I will do that later today :)

Edit : iread the model and year now sorry....I will go play in a bit and see what I come up with

OP
A

Adiction

Reaction score
My vehicle is a 2008 BMW 535i the last update to the vehicles software was done early this year so I’m not sure if that is the problem. I first installed the phone by going into the BMW’s “i” menu and clicking on the Bluetooth screen and paired new device once the phone found the Droid it connected for a few seconds and then disconnected this goes on and off all the time the phone and the car is paired, the phone will received an error message as well.

holee

Reaction score
Have you tried checking the Motorola support forums? There's often actual reps reading through them.

Mark5047

Reaction score
I have an '06 328i and have not had any issues with my droid connecting to my car. I make calls using the steering wheel controls, can answer incoming calls and even voice dial using the address book in the car. The call comes over my speakers just fine. I did nothing different to set up this phone from what I did to connect my blackberry previously.
Now if I could only get my music audio to come over my car speakers via bluetooth.....

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok. Let me come back to this now. Yes on a 328 I can connect. On a 535 it has some issues. That said. I have forwarder this off to engineering for a fix if possible. This won't be fast, but will be effective in getting a new software update out. Thanks for your patience on this. I got busy yesterday

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have an 08 335xi. no problems here

I hear ya. The new 7 has some issues with it also. Remember that having an 5 is one thing. Then there is option..bt nav...idrive....i can reproduce it on a 5 and a 7 physically so off to work we go

tommyz

Reaction score
i have an 08 335xi. no problems here

I hear ya. The new 7 has some issues with it also. Remember that having an 5 is one thing. Then there is option..bt nav...idrive....i can reproduce it on a 5 and a 7 physically so off to work we go

It's not just a BMW issue. I have an '09 Mazda 6 and the phone works fine, but I can't get the Music Stereo to work. I have seen other people talking about issues with other cars having the same problem.

I'm hoping they fix this in a future Firmware upgrade. I would like to eliminate the AUX cable and go bluetooth.

OP
A

Adiction

Reaction score
Miami1683 when you say you had issues with the 535 are they the same as my issues or something different?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bump this back to the top

Meto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I have a brand new 2010 Mazda 3 and can make and receive phone calls, but no music through the system yet. Hoping the next software update helps fix this.