connect to corporate wifi that requires CA certificate?

odoyle81

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten the Droid to connect to a network like the settings I have below? I downloaded the CA certificate and it installed, but the droid thinks it is a personal certificate not a CA certificate...
The certificate ends in ".crt"
on my macbook I can also export as a ".cer" but droid still doesn't recognize it...

Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

WIFI SETTINGS:

* Operating Mode/Type - "Network (Infrastructure)"

* Authentication/Association - "WPA2 - Enterprise" & Data Encryption - "AES"

* Authentication Type - "PEAP"

* Authentication Protocol - "MSCHAP v2"

* User Credentials/Login - EID Username & Password

* Roaming Identity/Anonymous & Domain - "Leave Blank"

* Validate Server Certificate – "IPS SERVIDORES" - Wireless CA Certificate file

valnar

Reaction score
How did you get your certificate (*.cer) file to show up as a selection in wireless? I can't get it installed.

OP
O

odoyle81

Reaction score
I couldn't.. thats where I got stuck. The droid won't recognize the .cer certificate. Turns out my school for some reason lets me authenticate without it! woohoo!

kadaro

Reaction score
I see the Android authenticating on WPA2 enterprise AES PEAP without a certificate as well.
I tried putting the cert onto the unti but failed, but it works anyway. This is a security hole for sure.....

I think it is doing a ldap lookup to the domain to locate the certificate or something.

I posted a thread in the Cisco forums to see what they say....not feedback yet. I did a deep debug on the wireless communication and posted my logs here.
https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2042239