Confused with root/unroot/stock on BAMF 1.5

biyobe

Reaction score
So... I did the RUU update and found out that some of my apps wouldn't download again. So, I rooted then installed BAMF Remix (via ROM Manager). With BAMF Remix I noticed that some stock apps were still there, when should have been gone and other pieces were missing. I then went into recovery and flashed the standard BAMF 1.5 (NOT via ROM Manager). This time around certain apps wouldn't open (car app music and visual voicemail was gone). So... I downloaded the Stock version of P015G file (sorry if i have the file name wrong, but you know what I mean). I jumped into HBoot and ran the stock image and now Root is gone. Was it really that easy to remove root?

Hateslinger

Reaction score
If you hbooted the stock signed pgimg05. ZIP file then yes. Or if you hbooted an unsigned pgimg05 file then it's highly likely you forgot to delete the original pgimg05 file from the root of your sd.

Sent from Verizon in Phoenix, AZ, running a rooted Thunderbolt, with Lightning Rom v3.3.1 / Adrynalyne 4.4.3

OP
B

biyobe

Reaction score
Perfect!! Well that was quite an easy way to unroot... although now my phone is thinking I'm in China?? Quite a distance from Denver. The weather has me right but speedtest and Zillow think i'm in china. Crazy!!