Confirmed: clockwork works on my droid 3.

stabl4life82

Reaction score
I have clockwork up and running on my phone and successfully created a backup. Ready for roms now. :)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
We still need an sfb file. Im not even going to consider any rom that comes out without having the sfb file to use. Yes I know that we have a way to fix a bricked d3 but I don't wont to ever have a bricked d3.

rwking

Reaction score
So, will clockwork for D3 also work on Bionic? Im hearing mixed reviews - people scared to try and people who "think" it will work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
There wouldn't be a point in even trying it cause if I am thinking correctly, the bionic already has this and it came out prior to the droid 3

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
I have already bricked my phone like 4 days ago and I got it back to stock in no time with the files they have provided

neilrl79

Reaction score
We still need an sfb file. Im not even going to consider any rom that comes out without having the sfb file to use. Yes I know that we have a way to fix a bricked d3 but I don't wont to ever have a bricked d3.

my understanding is that the .xml files we have are the new "sbf"

oh and cwr works great on the DROID3.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You might be right but everything that I've read says its only for bricked phones. What if mine is not bricked can I still do it. I know that's a stupid thing to do anyway because why would I. But I've read a little more about it and it seems to be what will fix any issue that might happen. But why is it not called the sfb if it does the same thing.

neilrl79

Reaction score
You might be right but everything that I've read says its only for bricked phones. What if mine is not bricked can I still do it. I know that's a stupid thing to do anyway because why would I. But I've read a little more about it and it seems to be what will fix any issue that might happen. But why is it not called the sfb if it does the same thing.

To answer your last question .sbf is the file extension that was used, now they are using the file extension .xml, that is how I understand it anyway.

acoers

Reaction score
Ok so I downloaded the file or app bootstrap recovery. So if I turn my phone off and turn it back on holding m and the power button it just goes in recovery mode right? Or is that when it backsup your phone?

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
hold the M while you hit the power button from a power off state then go down (using the volume down to scroll vol up to select) to bp tool that will take you into CWM it took mine about 2min to go into it so be patient and thats where you will make you backups and flash the ROMs (when they become available)...but the #1 way to brick a phone is to mess around with CWM without knowing what everything does so be comfortable with it b4 using it...also while your in CWM scroll with vol up and down and select with the power button

acoers

Reaction score
So I go into bp tool and that's where I go to backup my phone that way if I mess something. Up it can go go back to that stage?

dtdlurch

Reaction score
Phew. No problems loading it up here! Was a little worried. Got my phone backed up now and I'm ready to roll!

Warglock

Reaction score
Does anyone have a stock backup to recover to? I know there are a lot of people who are still having issues with Contacts FCing whenever you try to open or edit a contact(myself included) and with that in tow I think many people will be able to restore that functionality.

Or if I am totally wrong and this is not how CWM recovery works?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Does anyone have a stock backup to recover to? I know there are a lot of people who are still having issues with Contacts FCing whenever you try to open or edit a contact(myself included) and with that in tow I think many people will be able to restore that functionality.

Or if I am totally wrong and this is not how CWM recovery works?

CWM recovery is for "your" phone. Backups and Restores for you. It's really not a good tool for repairing a phone (like installing a backup made from another persons phone).

There are already recovery threads posted about for using RSDlite or Flashboot to recover your device. Using the .xml file through RSDLite or manually flashing the .img files with flashboot.

And currently no way to go back to 5.959 from 6.890....though you really just need to "recover" your update so just use the 6.890 .sbf.

acoers

Reaction score
Ok i went through and i backedup my phone. But while doing it, it says no sd-ext found or skip requested.Skipping backup of sd-ext. Is that a good thing or not?