Concerned...

Jon Vito

Reaction score
Still waiting on my phone to arrive and I see more and more problems on these boards everyday that ppl are having with the X..

Just curious if the droid had this many problems when it first came out and if updates can really fix the issues

I've never owned anything better than a BB curve that had 0 problems so I'm green to the android stuff

richpjr

Reaction score
My wife has a droid and I just picked up the x. I have had far less problems with it than she has with her droid. Take what you read about problems on a forum with a grain of salt. You usually get fanboys and people with problems who post. It's not a real accurate sample of the phone.

MisterMe

Reaction score
Was just starting to wonder the same thing about the DX. So far, most of it sounds like some minor bugs that can be smoothed out rather soon hopefully, apart from maybe the screen failures which seem to be fairly rare.

Interpol

Reaction score
It only makes sense that people with issues/problems are going to be posting here. Most people who are satisfied with the phone aren't going to post pointless stuff like "I have no problems with my phone, I'm happy with it."

Freedoom

Reaction score
Most problems can be done by simple software updates, problem is that we require OTA updates, not like the Galaxy S which has updates on a daily basis.

jdsabin1

Reaction score
I've had mine since 'opening day' (former Blackberry user) and have had ZERO problems. Installed a ton of apps, etc. LOVE IT!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
99% of what you see on the boards will be complaints. Because people who don'e have problems, and believe me that's the vast majority don't have issues.

Many of the complaints that do come in are user error. Simply people not knowing how to work their phones.

And then there are the vast majority of people who either don't know this forum is here or do but don't post.

Take a look at the Forum page sometime. Notice how many people are members vs how many people are just coming by for information. Those people are not posting and they can run as hight as 93,000 vs 1250 who are actual members.

And those 91,000 people or so are not complaining. At least not on line so relax. The X will be a great Droid.

bje1982

Reaction score
I agree with everyone. If someone has a bad experience they'll tell 10 people if they have a good one they'll probably only tell 1 or 2 hence all the "problem threads" and not a lot of "I love my phone threads". Its kinda like a customer that comes in my store, if they have a bad experience they'll tell everyone they know if they have a good one they probably only tell a couple. A lot of things work that way.

Keep in mind too that a lot of these "problems" are probably operator error in the end lol

cray

Reaction score
I am no expert, but I believe for every complaint there are thousands who have had no problem. I joined these forums before I got my Droid X and since I have it I have not posted much, because I am enjoying my phone. dancedroid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Forums by nature 'highlight' complaints.

As everyone has said, for every one complaint... there's many more users who are more than satisfied with no issues.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have had my DX since its release date and I have had no issues other than the ones I might have created for myself...when you read thru the issues, realize that sometimes the phone is smarter than the user LOL...the DX is an awesome phone IMO and is worth the wait (I say that, cause I have mine :) ).

rickreno

Reaction score
The only issue I've had with it is the battery, and I believe it's been corrected by a new battery. It's a great phone, I've moved from an IPhone to Blackberry to the X and it's the best one of the bunch.

lanolar

Reaction score
It would be more odd if every person who had a trouble free experience to make a post. Imagine logging in and having to sift through a few thousand posts of "yep, no problem!".

Verses logging in and trying to sift through the few trouble issues that might match yours problem if you happen to have one with your phone.