Compcache Capable Kernels

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Sapphire Compcache Kernels

I've been using CVPCS Sapphire 2.0 kernels with BB 6.2.1 and several other roms. With BB, just install the kernel and it will start compcache automatically! It doesn't get any easier than that! Also, my temps run 30-35 degrees C with the 1Ghz kernel!!!

Edit:

http://files.ccroms.net/sapphire/froyo/kernels/latest/

Last edited:

grimace

Reaction score
Hmmm.....I just flashed to sapphire low voltage 1100mhz & it kept rebooting, never getting past the Moto logo. I'm on BB 0.6.2.1, just restored to a backup I thankfully remembered to do before flashing it. Any thought to why it was looping?

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Hmmm.....I just flashed to sapphire low voltage 1100mhz & it kept rebooting, never getting past the Moto logo. I'm on BB 0.6.2.1, just restored to a backup I thankfully remembered to do before flashing it. Any thought to why it was looping?

Try a higher voltage, i spoke with someone else who had that problem and that fixed it. Let me double check my link too...

Halo

Reaction score
I have p3 1100 lv running with compcache.

I first flashed the kernel, than the p3 ramswap zip at the bottom of the kernels index page. Then I flashed petes compcache zip and enabled compcache through the Rom toolkit, reboot and waited a few mins and it worked

Was there any noticeable difference between compcache enabled or disabled?

grimace

Reaction score

Try a higher voltage, i spoke with someone else who had that problem and that fixed it. Let me double check my link too...

Awesome, downloaded the standard one & that sure did it! dancedroid Thanks!

Liquid Fusion

Reaction score
Fresh install (wiped data / cache / boot / system - all 3X - advanced / then wiped dalvik cache / bat stats)

Droid BB 6.2.1 + slayher's 7x1200 v1.6

Tempmon App: CPU Temp = 68F!!!!!!!!! // Data Temp = 82F

Last edited:

brian67t

Reaction score
OK. I'm pretty new to Root... (obviously if u read this). I am running UD 2.5 700Mhz (screen-on)/ 400Mhz (screen-off). I have not flashed a new Kernel (unless The BlackDroid wrote a new kernel into the ROM, I just dont know). I have seen CPU temps at 53 degC, and 48 to 50 happens ALL the time. So is there a kernel someone would recomend trying 1st, 2nd etc w/ this ROM? I like it a lot but it def gets hot! Additionally, the screen-off overclock settings save power for sure, but I'm still only getting about 10-12 hrs on a charge would a new Kernel help with that too? Even if it is a "preformance kernel"?

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
You might want to add chevy's new kernals to the list, he finally got compcache working :D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

juniorjwh

Reaction score
Please add the link. I couldn't find a one stop shop for his work. I by no means was trying to leave him out.

You might want to add chevy's new kernals to the list, he finally got compcache working :D

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

D1 MIUI 1.28 p3LV125-1250 w/ RAMZSWAP & SetCPU using Mr_DSL's BlissSuaveHD v9 Theme. And onsht1kll's Time out Mod.

***Thank You JAMZELLE***