Compcache(and tempmonitor!)-enabled kernels?

Stormwing

Reaction score
So I didnt know about compcache and flashed a non-compcache kernel. Tried some of P3s normal and sapphire ones and terminal just said none of those directories existed.

Is there anywhere else I can get CC kernels (with CPU temp monitornjg hopefully) without reflashing Sapphire completely?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I didnt know about compcache and flashed a non-compcache kernel. Tried some of P3s normal and sapphire ones and terminal just said none of those directories existed.

Is there anywhere else I can get CC kernels (with CPU temp monitornjg hopefully) without reflashing Sapphire completely?

Install one of cvpcs's kernels. It has both of those, plus a new governor and some of the best temperatures and stability I've ever seen. :D

Index of /sapphire/froyo/1.0.0/kernels/latest

Good luck!

mjones73

Reaction score

Install one of cvpcs's kernels. It has both of those, plus a new governor and some of the best temperatures and stability I've ever seen. :D

Good luck!

Oh shiny new ones. :)

I see he added the interactive governor I've seen showing up in some other kernels lately.

OP
S

Stormwing

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks! I've been using slayher's with the interactive governor, was pleasantly surprised to find it here too. He should make that kernel list a bit easier to find....

grimloktt

Reaction score
I see. So wheb it says the kernels provided for sapphiire, does that include the default one? Is it suggested to use compcachre?

grimloktt

Reaction score
OK. Well then Compcache engaged! he he he We'll see how it works.

I wonder why it didn't come turned on?

racketier

Reaction score

What is this interactive governor you speak of? Also, are the kernels in the "latest" directory newer than the ones in the 8/18 directory?

I tried the 800mhz 125mhz lv kernel, and my phone booted up into android and then rebooted. Normally when I try kernels from p3droid I don't get past the Motorola loading screen, so I was actually surprised to get the whole way into Android.

I normally use chevy's kernels cause they seem to work well for me, but they don't support compcache =(

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

What is this interactive governor you speak of? Also, are the kernels in the "latest" directory newer than the ones in the 8/18 directory?

I tried the 800mhz 125mhz lv kernel, and my phone booted up into android and then rebooted. Normally when I try kernels from p3droid I don't get past the Motorola loading screen, so I was actually surprised to get the whole way into Android.

I normally use chevy's kernels cause they seem to work well for me, but they don't support compcache =(

To learn more about the interactive governor, read post #287 and #289 in the Overclocking 101 thread.

Try redownloading and reflashing the kernel. They should work just fine, though it could have gotten corrupted during the download or something along those lines. These kernels are made for sapphire, but should work with any rom too.

racketier

Reaction score

To learn more about the interactive governor, read post #287 and #289 in the Overclocking 101 thread.

Try redownloading and reflashing the kernel. They should work just fine, though it could have gotten corrupted during the download or something along those lines. These kernels are made for sapphire, but should work with any rom too.

Thanks for the links.

I tried downloading the SV 800mhz 125min one instead of the LV, but it did the same thing. Booted up into android for a few seconds and then reboots. Not sure why my phone doesn't like these kernels =/

Edit: My phone DOES work with the kernel that comes stock with Sapphire, however. I just tried the SV 1000mhz 125min and it also froze upon boot and then reset itself.

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the links.

I tried downloading the SV 800mhz 125min one instead of the LV, but it did the same thing. Booted up into android for a few seconds and then reboots. Not sure why my phone doesn't like these kernels =/

Out of curiosity, and if you have time, make a nandroid backup of your current setup with the chevy kernel. Do a clean install of sapphire (wipe data/cache) and see if you can get it to boot. If it doesn't, load the 250/800 SV kernel and try booting that.

I ask because some folks have reported issues switching between certain kernels (non-sapphire and sapphire).

racketier

Reaction score

Thanks for the links.

Out of curiosity, and if you have time, make a nandroid backup of your current setup with the chevy kernel. Do a clean install of sapphire (wipe data/cache) and see if you can get it to boot. If it doesn't, load the 250/800 SV kernel and try booting that.

I ask because some folks have reported issues switching between certain kernels (non-sapphire and sapphire).

I made a nandroid backup earlier today before I started messing with this stuff, so give me a few minutes to install sapphire fresh and we'll see what happens... thanks =)

EDIT:
On the clean install of Sapphire the LV 1000mhz 125min kernel is working fine, trying out interactive now.

Last edited: