Common Causes for Duplicate Widgets on Home Page

wulleymammoth88

Reaction score
Hello,
Have been checking around the forums here, and haven't found anything on "what causes duplicate widgets to appear", on the home page, on the Motorola Droid. I have found a LOT of posts, about "how to get rid of them", which range from dragging the icons to the app drawer (trashcan), to reseting the Droid. The solutions for the symptom are GREAT, as I'm able to dispose of the widgets, for the time being, but they keep coming back. Does anyone know the "why, and how" that this occurs? Something's got to be causing it. For instance, I will notice that "all of a sudden", I have two camera icons, one of which is overlapping another icon. Weird stuff like that :eek:). Any tips, hints, etc. will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never experienced this on my Droid....I didn't know it was a common issue people were having either....

The only thing related to that that's happened on mine is having all my icons and widgets disappear...and then when I put them back on there, later I'll find that the ones that disappeared are back, but have the ones I put on there overlapping everything....very weird..

But that's only happened like maybe 3 times outta the almost 3 months that I've had my Droid...so not that big a deal

OP
W

wulleymammoth88

Reaction score
Duplicate Widget Icons Keep Appearing on Home Page

Thanks for the quick replies. The phone is mainly used by my wife, so I personnally haven't seen the behavior occur...just the aftereffects :eek:). But, after googling a little, and looking here, as well, I have seen a lot of posts on duplicate home-page widgets, and how to get rid of them. But, none of the posts that I've found, mentioned "how they got there, in the first place". Thanks for the hint, regarding the home-page app, but we haven't installed a replacment app; good point though :0). The behavior could also be dependent on "droid type, and firmware", as well; haven't looked that deeply, yet, with regards to the other posts that I've seen. That could be "the missing link", in the problem, as well. Until I figure out how it's happening, I'll just keeping trashing the icons.