Comcast is Supposedly in Talks to Buy T-Mobile

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
comcast-and-t-mobile.jpg

It's no secret that Deutsche Telekom has been looking to sell off T-Mobile for many years, but the latest intel as to who is considering taking it off their hands would be awful news if it turns out true. Supposedly, Comcast is the frontrunner to be the next owner of T-Mobile. Here's a quote with the details,

Deutsche Telekom is in talks with U.S. cable company Comcast about a potential sale of T-Mobile US, German Manager Magazin reported on Wednesday, citing sources.

Deutsche Telekom is in talks with several parties, including satellite provider Dish, according to the magazine, but Comcast is viewed as a more attractive buyer by the German telecoms provider's management.

Comcast would be a better candidate as it is financially stronger and would be able to make an offer to buy all shares in T-Mobile US, Manager Magazine reported.

Earlier in the month, we shared that Dish is considering merging with T-Mobile, and many voiced their opinion that it isn't a bad idea. Sadly, the same cannot be said of this potential merger. More than likely, Comcast would not name John Legere as the CEO of this merger, which is what makes the Dish and T-Mo team-up seem attractive. Furthermore, Comcast is legendary for awful customer service and taking advantage of their customers, so this could be nothing more than a black stain on T-Mobile.

Sound off with your point of view on what would happen if this goes through.

Source: Reuters

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If it happens, I'll likely leave TMobile. Comcast will ruin it, hack away at what they have built in their Uncarrier campaign and just overall screw things up.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Unfortunately, I agree. Comcast will be a disaster for the subscribers.

Sent from my Note 3, using magic and TapaTalk version 2.4.15 ...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
TMo has been in a customer acquisition phase struggling to turn a profit...don't expect the "consumer friendly" pricing to continue to last, whether Comcast buys them or not.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
TMo has been in a customer acquisition phase struggling to turn a profit...don't expect the "consumer friendly" pricing to continue to last, whether Comcast buys them or not.

Stuff like unlimited music streaming is a big deal, the JUMP program as I have it (version one that was only a couple months long...6 months and I get an upgrade without having to pay off half the device), etc. Not just the pricing for their plans.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well if that buyout happens, I hope they're ready to lose a couple hundred thousand customers. Comcast customer service is enough reason to jump ship.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Ugh...I couldn't be anymore appalled. They already bought Bright House and made me hate myself for keeping the service. Luckily, I decided to go with AT&T instead of TMO. I'd be in too deep if I decided to switch to them.

We'll see what happens though. Bright House hasn't changed that much since the purchase so it couldn't mean anything but funding.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
man-mad-on-phone-620x400.jpg
Every time I see the word Comcast or Xfininty I twitch out of anger for the company. I know hate is such a strong word but I hate that company with a passion. The things I wish would happen to that company but then I step back and am reminded of all the people who would be unemployed so I pull back a little.