Color codes of Exchange inbox messages

• Thread starter Mordechai Carver
  • Start date
M

Mordechai Carver

Anyone know what the orange and purple colors next to each of my Exchange inbox messages mean? Every time it's gone purple there's been a problem...whether the settings get erased and I have to re-enter the whole thing (other threads have addressed this) or the emails get mixed, i.e. it will have the subject header of one email and the body of an older one.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Mordechai

djrakun

Reaction score
The colors on your combined invite just let you know what account the email came from. I don't think they are related to the problem you describe, unless I'm misunderstanding you

OP
M

Mordechai Carver

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think that's the answer I needed. I don't have any combined invites. I'm talking about my Inbox for my Exchange email account. The left side of each message normally has a thin orange vertical line, but somtimes (like 20 minutes ago) the left side of each message has a pink/purple line.

Mordechai

djrakun

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I don't think that's the answer I needed. I don't have any combined invites. I'm talking about my Inbox for my Exchange email account. The left side of each message normally has a thin orange vertical line, but somtimes (like 20 minutes ago) the left side of each message has a pink/purple line.

Mordechai

Sorry. That should read 'combined inbox'. Swype predictive text error. Oh well, if you only have one email account set up I don't know what the colors could mean. All of my exchange emails are purple, my yahoo emails are yellow, etc