[ROM] **CM7 Build Thread**

tdawg2008

Reaction score
So I'm still fairly new to this whole rooting thing and I've been ruuning the CM7 nightlies on my Droid 1 for a little while and I always seem to run into a bit of system lag with it. Should I be wiping my phone on every install or is there something else wrong that I might be doing. I would appreciate any input. Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Even with wiping, I've noticed some lag. Download fast reboot. It seems to help some. Its like rebooting without rebooting.

PARick

Reaction score
...exchange sync doesn't work consistently on any GB rom for D1, cm 7.0.1 included. It's what keeps making me go back to Froyo. I need to be able to access my work email consistently. It's probably something that will never get fixed, or else someone would have done it by now.

FWIW I use Touchdown, and Chevy's SS works with my exchange flawlessly. I get my emails on my phone before my computer when I am hooked to my Network.

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok so it looks like the nasty mistake did affect the droid but it had to do with themes so it's not a major deal. I will have a new build up tonight after school. Nightlies are not over. There is still 7.1 to be released.

Trigger

Reaction score
Ok so it looks like the nasty mistake did affect the droid but it had to do with themes so it's not a major deal. I will have a new build up tonight after school. Nightlies are not over. There is still 7.1 to be released.

Is that why the lag is happening?

dpaine88

Reaction score
If going from the latest stable, 7.0.2 to Winner's build, do we need to wipe?

lfylove

Reaction score
Ummmm this may sound stupid but am I the only person tht likes wen I get a txt tht it says drooiidd?? But I don't see tht notification? Anyone have it?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Ummmm this may sound stupid but am I the only person tht likes wen I get a txt tht it says drooiidd?? But I don't see tht notification? Anyone have it?

Here you go.

mikemullin6

Reaction score
7.02 to winners 7.01

Are you sure you want to do that? Winner's latest build (as of 452pm EDT) is based on 7.0.1 and, supposedly, CM 7.0.2 corrects a couple of mistakes in 7.0.1.

Also, Winner indicated that he would be cooking up a 7.0.2 version of his build later today.

dpaine88

Reaction score

Are you sure you want to do that? Winner's latest build (as of 452pm EDT) is based on 7.0.1 and, supposedly, CM 7.0.2 corrects a couple of mistakes in 7.0.1.

Also, Winner indicated that he would be cooking up a 7.0.2 version of his build later today.

I worded that wrong.

I had something mess up on my phone so I had to wipe it and figured to go with Stable 7.0.2. Now, if I want to upgrade to Winner's 7.0.2 build, do I need to wipe?

mikemullin6

Reaction score
CM 7.0.2 to Winner 7.0.2

I worded that wrong.

I had something mess up on my phone so I had to wipe it and figured to go with Stable 7.0.2. Now, if I want to upgrade to Winner's 7.0.2 build, do I need to wipe?

I went from Winner's bld 51 (with Primes deprimed 19) to Stable 7.0.2 WITHOUT wiping and it went without a single problem. It replaced Prime's kernel with the one imbedded in Stable without any apparent problems. Compcache is still there.

With my positive example in mind, your plan to go from Stable 7.0.2 to Winner's 7.0.2 without wiping should (usual disclaimers apply :)