[ROM] **CM7 Build Thread**

mikemullin6

Reaction score
wifi and build 41

Wifi still not working on Winners build with stock kernel, just letting people know since deprimed/reprimed hasn't been fixed to allow USB mass storage in android yet.

I was having FCs and reboots with build 41 and gapps (20110307 version) so I flashed one of Chevy1's LV kernels (sorry, don't have link but you can find it on droidforums). So far, no FC's, no reboots, compcache does NOT work but wifi does work.

Last edited:

lfylove

Reaction score
Sweet thanks winner I still haven't flashed any of the nightlys I'm waiting for the final I need something stable I don't have time to flash roms everyday as much as I want to :(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am trying to get wifi working on my build. I have been talking to cvpcs to try to figure it out. We both aren't sure whats wrong.

Ozzie

Reaction score
I am trying to get wifi working on my build. I have been talking to cvpcs to try to figure it out. We both aren't sure whats wrong.

Happened to me too...install went fine, turned on wifi to install apps and that was it...froze solid, reboot wouldn't light...redownload and install fresh with same results.

lfylove

Reaction score
So the 3g fix kills wifi? Awesome lol

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So the 3g fix kills wifi? Awesome lol

No its just something with my build. I have no idea why my wifi doesn't work on the stock kernel.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hijack* Winner I'd like to run your build but I'd rather do it without the SD card mod; is this easily reversible?

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hijack* Winner I'd like to run your build but I'd rather do it without the SD card mod; is this easily reversible?
My Inc. build right? I would probably wait till tomorrow. I will have a updated build for the Inc. up tomorrow and will remove the sd card hack from the Inc. Build. The current build is a little bit older the droid build. Official #41 is newer then my current Inc. build.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
^Correct but I wouldn't want you to change the build only on my request. That's why I was wondering how *time consuming it is to remove.

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
^Correct but I wouldn't want you to change the build only on my request. That's why I was wondering how *time consuming it is to remove.
I don't even think I have it in my Inc. Build. Its only one line that I insert but I am pretty sure I only put it in my droid build. I will probably just leave it out because I don't have very many people download my Inc. build. If they want it they can apply it manually.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can confirm, 3g is still broken. Running deprimed, could that be the issue? Does it only work with the stock kernel at this point?

Edit: Wifi is working for me; running winner's build #41.

Last edited:
OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I can confirm, 3g is still broken. Running deprimed, could that be the issue? Does it only work with the stock kernel at this point?

Edit: Wifi is working for me; running winner's build #41.
3g should work just fine running deprimed and my build. Thats what I am running. Wifi doesn't work on mine only if you are running the stock kernel any other kernel and it should work.