[ROM] **CM7 Build Thread**

OP
winner00

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Nightly #21 has been running great for me. My phone has hated most everything since 2.3.3 was merged. I completely wiped everything again and got my apps straight from the market this time, no titanium backup. This is the first time I have been able to download apps from the market with one click. Usually it requires multiple attempts to download a single app. None of my other downloads have been killed off this time around either. Still using the stock kernel without compcache. Trimmed the fat from my homescreens as well, and this has freed up quite a bit of memory. No complaints yet.

It will be great to see how this new memory management merger affects our phones. Does anyone know if it made it into #22 or will it be tonight?

From a few posts above yours:
I finally have a new build up. Been busy with school and work. It has memory fix you guys were talking about in it also.

This is winners build. I use the cm nightlies. Wondered if it is in the cm builds yet.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
I think it might have just barely made it in the #22 nightly. There should be a option in performance settings to turn it on.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Oh okay. I guess it didn't make it cause I don't see it in there.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Ozzie

Reaction score
I see it in mine...have it turned on but need more time to see how it does.

Last edited:

melucci

Reaction score
[QI think it might have just barely made it in the #22 nightly. There should be a option in performance settings to turn it on.[/QUOTE]

I downloaded the file: update-cm-7.0.0-RC2-Droid-winner00-signed-22.zip and installed using ROM Manager.
Settings - About Phone reports Mod Version = CyanogenMod-7.0.0-RC2-Droid-winner00.
Doesn't say #22. And I don't see any new option in Performance settings.
I tried it twice.

Am I missing something? Do I have the right ROM?
Thanks for your help.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I just flashed winner's build and yeah it's in there but it's not in build 22. I just enabled it and rebooted so I'll see how it goes.

foxdog

Reaction score
Wow, I'm finally able to multi task again without every app needing to reload on build 22

mikemullin6

Reaction score
build number

[QI think it might have just barely made it in the #22 nightly. There should be a option in performance settings to turn it on.

I downloaded the file: update-cm-7.0.0-RC2-Droid-winner00-signed-22.zip and installed using ROM Manager.
Settings - About Phone reports Mod Version = CyanogenMod-7.0.0-RC2-Droid-winner00.
Doesn't say #22. And I don't see any new option in Performance settings.
I tried it twice.

Am I missing something? Do I have the right ROM?
Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

The *.zip file tells you what build number Winner is using. THe Listing in About Phone is a non-specific RC2 name and the 00 is part of his signature = Winner00.

Sounds like you have the latest version

melucci

Reaction score
I just flashed winner's build and yeah it's in there but it's not in build 22. I just enabled it and rebooted so I'll see how it goes.

The Performance setting is called "Allow purging of assets"? Or are we talking about the "Lock home in memory" option that has always been there?

afallucco

Reaction score
When I download 22 I get stuck at the m logo after wiping and installing or just installing over 21.... and it never goes anywhere after that..... wtf?