Cm6

NickEprice

Reaction score
Whens it coming lol im so anxious i saw koush running it on his phone last night and im so anxious to get it lol hurry up! Need me some official froyo!

roll3r

Reaction score
Whens it coming lol im so anxious i saw koush running it on his phone last night and im so anxious to get it lol hurry up! Need me some official froyo!

?? What do you mean "official Froyo?" Built from AOSP source? If so, it's already out there...

OP
N

NickEprice

Reaction score
exactly idc about other crappy roms that have bugs and are barely stable i want something stable that actually works i use to run UD and after i started experimenting with other roms i stumbled across cynogenmod and i fell in love and am waiting earnestly for his official Froyo CM6 Rom!

obededom

Reaction score
koush is an IRC guy. cyanogen is too.
you dont see alot of forum interaction from either of them

roll3r

Reaction score
Nah he's talking about Cm6 built from the new Froyo AOSP, Im excited to try as well

I understand. What I'm saying is that there is already a *very* functional ROM (cvps) built from AOSP source. And there's also a bootable one (Koush) and one using it as a base that's a bit more functional (JRummy). If you're waiting for a source-built ROM, they already exist...

Edit: and Cyanogen finally has some competition.

roll3r

Reaction score
exactly idc about other crappy roms that have bugs and are barely stable i want something stable that actually works i use to run UD and after i started experimenting with other roms i stumbled across cynogenmod and i fell in love and am waiting earnestly for his official Froyo CM6 Rom!

I'm still not understanding why Cyanogen's ROM would be "official Froyo." Nothing against him (I'm waiting for a more-than-bootable version of his ROM as well, and he's the granddaddy and king of Android ROMs), but there's already something out there, built from AOSP source, that you can run RIGHT NOW.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cvps/54205-two-releases-two-days-froyo-anyone-sapphire-0-6-0-a.html

Furthermore, why doesn't cyanogen post on this forum? I Would assume he wants someone to post to forums..

Cyanogen has his own forum, with a Droid sub-forum run by Koush:

Stable Mod - CyanogenMod Forum

And an IRC channel.

After the way he was treated during the Blackdroid fiasco, I wouldn't post here either.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know that, but why doesn't he broadcast on Droid Forums

Koush does, for the most part, but cyanogen has nothing to do with the Droid. And, like said above, after what happened with the BlackDroid incident, I doubt he would even want too.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I know that, but why doesn't he broadcast on Droid Forums

Koush does, for the most part, but cyanogen has nothing to do with the Droid. And, like said above, after what happened with the BlackDroid incident, I doubt he would even want too.

This is sorta my point... Why does blackdroid, relate to koush, who relates to Cyanogen who relates to not posting on this board? Consider me extremely rookie regardless if I have researched this.

I know the whole blackdroid incident but how does this relate to blackdroid and koush?

Seems like these devs need a good good ZEROSOULS kick in the ass!@##$&@# dancedroid

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Koush just takes cyanogens work and makes it work for the Droid, if I understand correctly, so BlackDroid essentially claimed Cyanogen's work as his on. But enough of that.

In a nut shell, at the time of all this DroidForums was supporting BlackDroid and being his home for all his work. Cyanogen confronted BD on it, but handled it in the wrong way, and got banned for it. He took this as DF supporting BD's actions (thought of course they weren't as was saw later on). Because of this, even though it was all resolved, he hasn't visited the the forum again. The BD incident was the first time he had actually visited DF in the first place.

But enough of this, the thread was about CM6, so lets get back on topic here.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Koush just takes cyanogens work and makes it work for the Droid, if I understand correctly, so BlackDroid essentially claimed Cyanogen's work as his on. But enough of that.

In a nut shell, at the time of all this DroidForums was supporting BlackDroid and being his home for all his work. Cyanogen confronted BD on it, but handled it in the wrong way, and got banned for it. He took this as DF supporting BD's actions (thought of course they weren't as was saw later on). Because of this, even though it was all resolved, he hasn't visited the the forum again. The BD incident was the first time he had actually visited DF in the first place.

But enough of this, the thread was about CM6, so lets get back on topic here.

I can't wait for more Cyanogen awesomeness

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Can I say alone that I would really hope for more Cyanogen response on this website? I follow his twitter, and wow does this man talk....

If only peter were as talkative as Cyanogen.... Impress me Cyanogen, Impress me...!!!!!

roll3r

Reaction score
Can I say alone that I would really hope for more Cyanogen response on this website? I follow his twitter, and wow does this man talk....

If only peter were as talkative as Cyanogen.... Impress me Cyanogen, Impress me...!!!!!

OK, I'll make it crystal clear, and then end of discussion. Cyanogen was BANNED from this site. Just f'ing Google it.

Edit: If you want to find out the most info on CM6 (if you can even call it that at this point), which is in alpha, go to #koush on freenode on IRC. My whole point is that there are now others now doing roughly the same thing CyanogenMOD is known for, and you can grab their awesome ROMs right from this website!

Last edited: