CM6 RC1 official for droid

cruzhm

Reaction score
You know I had the same problem and could not find a solution. Ended going back to JRummy for now. The constant redraws and setcpu not working.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Doctor

Reaction score
hey so i flashed the black bar over the stock cm6 without making a backup before and i was wondering if i put this stock cm6 rc1 on right now without wiping will that make everything stock looking but still have all my apps and setup the way it is still? cuz i dont really want to to go through downloading all the apps again
Yes it will!
:)
Doc

Doctor

Reaction score
Fresh install (wiped data and cache) of RC1. This time my market apps are not reinstalling like they did the first time I went from 5.0.8 to CM6.

In fact, I can't download or install from the Market at all. I force closed Market and cleared its cache. But still no luck.

I had hoped to at least get Astro installed so that I could then install Titanium backup but no go at all.

Yesterday all my apps on SD card disappeared. I couldn't find a solution so I Nandroid back to 5.0.8 made a Titanium Backup this time so I can recover SMS threads.

There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the SD as it works under 5.0.8 and I was able to download from the browser and use ROM Manager to install the jfldg kernal under CM6 but Market is dead.

Any suggestions?
As far as Market problems, until there's a Verizon release of Froyo the Market will be messed up, since it's essentially trying to update a device that doesn't exist yet. You can do a search for Market Fix by BGill55 of Team Chaos, that fools the Market into thinking the phone is still on 2.1.

As for the problem with you apps no showing up, I suggest reading this thread: Apps on SD card all say not installed - CyanogenMod Forum
:)
Doc

Last edited:

Jimmyzla

Reaction score
New to Custom Roms - There is a new build of froyo that fixes camera focus and other issues. Some threads it can be installed on top of standard froyo rom - how about CM6?

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
So is the general consensus of CM6 RC1 that there's a lot problems right now? (Which is understandable since it's a release client) I'm trying to decide whether or not to switch from Kangerade5.0.9. I'm just reading all these posts about weird problems with email syncing, market apps, screen redraws, etc.

mising

Reaction score
So is the general consensus of CM6 RC1 that there's a lot problems right now? (Which is understandable since it's a release client) I'm trying to decide whether or not to switch from Kangerade5.0.9. I'm just reading all these posts about weird problems with email syncing, market apps, screen redraws, etc.

It has been running great for me, using jdlfg's 900 kernel. I had a couple random reboots a couple days ago, but I think it was a misbehaving app as it hasn't happened since. Battery life improved tremendously over the last version. I end up plugging it in to charge when I go to bed at around 20-30%, and I use it pretty heavily throughout the day. On the previous alphas, I was having to charge it around lunch time. Only thing I am looking forward to is if they get the wireless access point working for us.
Thanks to all the devs working on this ROM.

Jimmyzla

Reaction score

I get a lot of screen redraw issues but I love the design so much I just deal for now. I am sure it will smooth out.

CletusVanDam

Reaction score

I get a lot of screen redraw issues but I love the design so much I just deal for now. I am sure it will smooth out.

I'm downloading it now. I hope JRummy makes some themed remixes of CM6.

ty_

Reaction score
I feel as thought I must say something.
I am using CM6 and everything runs PERFECTLY.

I've never had a better battery life reaching at least over 30 hours.
it's smooth and i have the power to do whatever i feel with all of the options laid out in front of me.

I get a higher kernel from jdflg every couple of days and have no issues.
If you've never had problems before this, you shouldn't have any problems now.

I ran the Windows 7 RC way back when and a Release Candidate just means: everything works, all the loose ends are tied up, we're going to keep tweaking some minor things but for now we can give you a stable version.

DanSan

Reaction score
only problems ive been having with RC1 is with AWD launcher i get tons of crashes with the error, process.android.acore has crashed.

i do get them with launcherpro but a lot less.

nyijedi

Reaction score
only problems ive been having with RC1 is with AWD launcher i get tons of crashes with the error, process.android.acore has crashed.

i do get them with launcherpro but a lot less.

Ditto on the acore crashes.

cyberwire

Reaction score
Anyone else having cell standby issues? 24hours on 41% without a signal.. stock kernel baseband c_01.43.01p

Nedaroth

Reaction score
This RC1 has been the most stable rom i have ever installed, i wipe three times and use no theme and run the stock kernal. My battery life could not get any better , i also use Launcher Pro and everything is fluid.dancedroid

gath99

Reaction score
Haven't read through this entire thread and it's not a big deal but when you change the settings under settings>ADWLauncher>Screen Preferences.....you spelled "desktop," "dekstop."