CM question

soccer568

Reaction score
Alright i am running the cynanogen 5.0.6.2 rom.I want to install the smoked glass-esque 1.5.1 theme but i dont really know how to do it.Is the theme a full rom or just like a addon to the CM rom.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a theme. Install over stock 5.0.6.2. Use ROM Manager.

OP
S

soccer568

Reaction score
ALright i did that now what if i want to go back to just the stock cynanogen rom?Do i have to install the rom over again?

OP
S

soccer568

Reaction score
Alright thanks the only thing that doesent make sense is if smoked glass is only a theme why would i have to install the whole rom over again?

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alright thanks the only thing that doesent make sense is if smoked glass is only a theme why would i have to install the whole rom over again?

Because at this time, most themes contain actual modified system apps - that's why they can sometime break things, and that's why you never install a theme for a new version of CM until the theme dev releases a new version, otherwise you might be be installing older versions of some .apks.

Plus, if you have the stock ROM already downloaded, it won't take long at all to boot into recovery and reinstall the system files.