Cm 6.1 rc1

droidkevlar

Reaction score
No need to create a whole new thread that someone already created about this. And this question doesnt really make sense. We have nightlies which means they are still dev'ing for the D1. Just no RC yet.

OP
eclsnowman

eclsnowman

Reaction score
AHH. Sorry I usually don't run CM (CVPCS and UD), but the new features have me interested. I knew in the past koush made the builds but I don't run them so I didn't know the current status of CM for droid 1.

And I didn't see the other thread first which is weird because I looked before hand for the answer before I posted. But thanks anyway for your condescending answer... it was much appreciated. :)

illmatic636

Reaction score
go into rom manager and try out a nightly build. #160 is the newest. I like 159, my wifi and everything else is working. Voicesearch is a no go tho.

loudaccord

Reaction score
go into rom manager and try out a nightly build. #160 is the newest. I like 159, my wifi and everything else is working. Voicesearch is a no go tho.

I agree... 159 works perfect for me. I've heard that if you delete the voice search from the system and just get it from the Market, that's the easy fix.

wingdo

Reaction score

Delete the VoiceSearch apk file and install the one in the market. It will work fine then.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Use the instructions here, only replace all references to VoiceDialer.apk with VoiceSearch.apk. If you get a "file not found" error, type ls and hit enter, then scroll up and see if you can find the proper .apk, go to the market, type in voice search, and then install what comes up that's made by Google.

Voice Dialer Broken - CyanogenMod Forum

EDIT:

And do NOT extract the VoiceDailer.apk from the RC-3 update.zip, place it on your SD card, or follow the cp instructions. All you're doing is deleting the original VoiceDialer.apk. If you're paranoid you can set it to rename it to VoiceSearch.bak if you want, then you can restore later if needed.

If you have Root Explorer you don't need the terminal commands. :)

wingdo

Reaction score
Use the instructions here, only replace VoiceDialer.apk with VoiceSearch.apk. If you get a "file not found" error, type ls and hit enter, then scroll up and see if you can find the proper .apk, go to the market, type in voice search, and then install what comes up that's made by Google.

Voice Dialer Broken - CyanogenMod Forum

Unless I misread the question asked, he was having issues with VoiceSearch.apk. You know, long press of the search button. Different animal from VoiceDialer.apk.

wingdo

Reaction score
And that's why I said
Use the instructions here, only replace VoiceDialer.apk with VoiceSearch.apk

Right, I got that part, what I am saying here though is that the thread you linked says to delete voicedialer.apk and use the one from 6.0RC3. If he does the same using voicesearch.apk, it still won't work right. He should be installing the new Voice Search found in the Market and it will work fine. Voice Search is now a Market app just like Maps and Gmail.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'd assumed the questioner was smart enough NOT to install the voice dialer and instead followed the
go to the market, type in voice search, and then install what comes up that's made by Google.
part of my instructions. :)