clockwork mod recovery

sandfreak

Reaction score
i'm having a few issues with a new rom i tried to flash

i'm not too familiar with clockwork mod recovery, i was wondering if someone could help me out.

after i flashed using rom manager, the new rom gets stuck at the boot animation.

i know how to get into recovery holding the x and power button, but i'm not sure how to wipe data and cache from there

a lot of times that seems to help to wipe a few times (i wiped once)

then after i wipe where do i find the new rom in clockwork recovery to load it up again?

thanks a lot for the help

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wiping data/cache does not affect clockwork so you should still be in CW after doing those.

*86eyerok*

Reaction score
I had the same issue awhile back. What I had to do is flash the clockworkmod recovery back a version to 2.0.2.4. I was getting the boot loop when I was flashed to the new version 2.5.0.1.

OP
sandfreak

sandfreak

Reaction score
thanks for the quick responses everybody, i haven't had many problems flashing roms in the past so it shows how little i know now that i do have a problem

i see a lot of times to wipe a few times before flashing a new rom but i always do once through rom manager because i don't know how to do it more than once. I don't know how to wipe data and cache without using rom manager is what i'm trying to say

as for bootloader...i don't even know what that is... :( sorry for my ignorance

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
thanks for the quick responses everybody, i haven't had many problems flashing roms in the past so it shows how little i know now that i do have a problem

i see a lot of times to wipe a few times before flashing a new rom but i always do once through rom manager because i don't know how to do it more than once. I don't know how to wipe data and cache without using rom manager is what i'm trying to say

as for bootloader...i don't even know what that is... :( sorry for my ignorance
If you have CW working fine then you don't need to worry about it. :) Asking was a knee-jerk reaction, but it did tell me some things anyway.

Okay, when you get into CW recovery, one of the options should be for wiping data. I'm on SPRecovery so I can't tell you exactly, but once you get in there you should wipe data 2-3x for every option given before installing a ROM UNLESS you are coming from one version of the same ROM to another. Even then you might have to and the Dev should tell you if a wipe is required.

OP
sandfreak

sandfreak

Reaction score
i did see something that said wipe data/cache but it said partitioned after it and i wasn't sure if that's the correct option, so i didn't want to go ahead with it before confirmation from some people that actually know what they're doing lol

so i'll go ahead and do that, but after i do that how do i find the rom that i just downloaded through rom manager?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Your best bet is to move it to the root of your SD card so you always know where it is.

It should be in the standard location ROM Manager puts it -- but I don't use ROM Manager because it seems to like screwing things up at the worst possible time, so I don't know where that is! :)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/75460-cm6-final-here-17.html#post790564

Zerosouls' method of installing a ROM.

OP
sandfreak

sandfreak

Reaction score
after i wiped cache twice, it proceeded further into the boot animation than before but still freezes up. i'm stumped (but thats not saying much)

OP
sandfreak

sandfreak

Reaction score
something has come up, so i have to be away from my computer for a while

i guess i'll just flash an older nandroid and try this new one again later

i appreciate everybody's help

back to CM6 for now

cell2011

Reaction score
Hi i need help i had clockwork 2.5.0.1 on Droid. i downloaded cyanogen mod 6 last night but couldnt find market app and wanted to install google apps in the roms to be able to sign in for google acct and there was an error when downloading. Ive wiped everything but dont know how to get this back to anything or even stock. It was 2.2. I dont care where it goes now as long as its something. I can get into the recovery after booting up but no home screen yet. I can get into clockwork and nandroid backup complete but sd card-ext is not found. How do i just go to 2.0 like this was. Im in bootloader but goes back to blinking M sign while charging Experts please

cell2011

Reaction score
Hi ty for all your help i managed to catch the boot i guess they call it that and get to clockwork recovery screen Ive done nandroid backup before now where would i go? I dont want to screw it up this time. Im still nowhere near home screen. Just recovery only. I have not been on at all since yesterday should i backup again? Do i go to sd card update .zip? i just dont know where to go Thanks