clock work

706woodman

Reaction score
Hi guys im new to the forum and I have some questions for ya. I have a DROID x that was on 2.2f rooted with z4 running liberty 2.0, but I was looking for a change and so I put in gb dxrootzip.I was just wondering if I could flash back to my liberty rom in clock work mod if I wanted to 2 hanged back? Thanks so much.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi guys im new to the forum and I have some questions for ya. I have a DROID x that was on 2.2f rooted with z4 running liberty 2.0, but I was looking for a change and so I put in gb dxrootzip.I was just wondering if I could flash back to my liberty rom in clock work mod if I wanted to 2 hanged back? Thanks so much.

Either sbf, or tbh app, and dl the .zip file to flash back to stock..YOU CANNOT FLASH BACK TO STOCK OTHERWISE!..just a warning..search the site for an all in one, if you don't know how to sbf..you have three options as stated above...let us know if further assistance is needed! Happy ROMing!.....The drummer:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
706woodman

706woodman

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice, one more thing if I could I flashed the zip file 573 not knowing it wasn't what I need.I would like to flash some current roms and I think I need zip 596file is that correct? And if so do I just flash like any other rom?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your advice, one more thing if I could I flashed the zip file 573 not knowing it wasn't what I need.I would like to flash some current roms and I think I need zip 596file is that correct? And if so do I just flash like any other rom?

Be careful! Once changing to gingerbread and you want froyo back, you WILL have to sbf..either using rsdlite or an easier way, all in one, the all in one will bring you to cm7 and aside from battery life its awesome..however it will also take you back to froyo kernel. That's what you need to do..or get the team black hat app, and it will have the .596 flashable stock sbf file..then reroot and all that like you did before..if you flash the wrong sbf file not made for your device it will send you on a locked bootscreen and will have to use a computer and sbf with rsdlite and all..there is a video that p3droid put out..go to youtube and look for, doidx back to stock or gingerbread to froyo or all in one! It will give you a link to the files:) and a video tutorial on how..ok? Carefull!! Lemme know how your doing so I can guide you..tell me what your doing and where your at as far as your steps..if you don't want to buy the tbh app, which you just google it and find it for two bucks...try the all in one...you'll love cm7 its the newest open source firmware loaded with custimizations!

OP
706woodman

706woodman

Reaction score
I would like to do all this and get on cm7 that would be great.I looked for the app in the market but didn't see it. So that's all I need to get on cm7? I had a DROID eris before and some how for it on cm7 and boy was I mad when it played out.thanks I will be in touch:)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would like to do all this and get on cm7 that would be great.I looked for the app in the market but didn't see it. So that's all I need to get on cm7? I had a DROID eris before and some how for it on cm7 and boy was I mad when it played out.thanks I will be in touch:)

Do you still have the eris? I have a brand new eris and its stuck on the dang stock recovery and I need to get an image and sdcard loaded and root it I guess to fix..wish rsdlite would work..lol

OP
706woodman

706woodman

Reaction score
team black hat

I looked for the th app in the market but didn't see it.I found it when I googled it like you said.question dose everything work with cm7? I want it to be functional, like mms,youtube,is this rom as good as liberty? Thanks again guys!

Last edited:

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I looked for the th app in the market but didn't see it.I found it when I googled it like you said.question dose everything work with cm7? I want it to be functional, like mms,youtube,is this rom as good as liberty? Thanks again guys!

Yeah won't be on market..lol Um well as far as I'm concerned..its awesome..the battery won't last much..but you will love it if you like liberty or other nonstock roms..anyway try it out and if you don't like it, flash liberty again..lol But you'll be hooked! Make sure you wipe data then cache and dalvick before flashing..once on cm7 don't use bootstrap..it will already be rooted, and have recovery and reboot options when you hit power button..check out the google apps..you need them too!

OP
706woodman

706woodman

Reaction score
team black hat

Cool man I have purchase the app and am just waiting on download instructions :) hang around so you can help me please

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool man I have purchase the app and am just waiting on download instructions :) hang around so you can help me please

I'm here! Make sure its the original one you download.. and just use rommanager or bootstrap to get to recovery, wipe data and then dalvick cache and cache..then select choose zip from sd card..go to tbh folder while in recovery still..choose the file inside that you just downloaded..then you should kick back as you go back to stock..remember to redownload rommanager and bootstrap and also of course z4root to reroot first..then go back into rom manager and choose the latest nightly 50 (that's what I'm on) and flash it like you did the sbf file..

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm here! Make sure its the original one you download.. and just use rommanager or bootstrap to get to recovery, wipe data and then dalvick cache and cache..then select choose zip from sd card..go to tbh folder while in recovery still..choose the file inside that you just downloaded..then you should kick back as you go back to stock..remember to redownload rommanager and bootstrap and also of course z4root to reroot first..then go back into rom manager and choose the latest nightly 50 (that's what I'm on) and flash it like you did the sbf file..

Unless you use the all in one..which it sounds like your flashing sbf...that's a cleaner way to go...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
You ok? How's it going? Make sure you get the correct file!

OP
706woodman

706woodman

Reaction score
Its a long story I haven't downloaded it yet I tried but my phone wouldn't do it, im not home yet to use my pc but im not too far from it.I guess its ok to use my pc? And when I get it how will I know I am getting the correct file? Im so ready to get this crap off my phone! I should be to my pc in about 15-20 min.so thanks for hanging around.