clipboard?

lisalisa13

Reaction score
Sometimes the phone will say copied to clipboard... Where do I find this?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Sometimes the phone will say copied to clipboard... Where do I find this?

The clipboard isn't really a place, so much as it is a state. In other words, is a temporary holding status that allows you to "paste" into another location such as document. Think "cut and paste", where when you "cut" text, it's being held in the "clipboard" until you either "paste" it somewhere else, or until you "cut" something else, at which time what is in the "clipboard" is then either deleted or replaced.

In a desktop PC, the clipboard is a collection of "clippings" that can be used to paste from at a later time and can be many separate items of either related or unrelated clippings. You have far more control of the clipboard in a desktop PC, and you are limited to only one clipping at a time on the phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The clipboard isn't really a place, so much as it is a state. In other words, is a temporary holding status that allows you to "paste" into another location such as document. Think "cut and paste", where when you "cut" text, it's being held in the "clipboard" until you either "paste" it somewhere else, or until you "cut" something else, at which time what is in the "clipboard" is then either deleted or replaced.

In a desktop PC, the clipboard is a collection of "clippings" that can be used to paste from at a later time and can be many separate items of either related or unrelated clippings. You have far more control of the clipboard in a desktop PC, and you are limited to only one clipping at a time on the phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
That answer was so cogent and concise that I thought, "Wait, there *must* be some kind of clipboard management app," and a quick search revealed:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.rojekti.clipper

Looks like a decent app, and there are apparently some good alternatives. :)

-Matt

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Excellent deduction Watson (gadgetrants)! I was going to go there, but I figured someone else would. You've not let either me or the other members down. Bravo!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Excellent deduction Watson! I was going to go there, but I figured someone else would. You've not let either me or the other members down. Bravo!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
I'd bow if I could, but I'd just end up hitting my head on the keyboard and impressing nobody. Or wait...

bowing.jpg

...no, that's not what I meant...

respect.jpg

ah OK that's better!

Cheers!

-Matt