clear search history on market

TJK

Reaction score
how do you clear the search history on the marketplace?
i looked everywhere and searched the forums ... and couldn't find the answer...
thank you!

Silver Member
Reaction score
try home - settings - applications - manage applications - menu - filter - all - market - clear cache

pmas

Reaction score
try home - settings - applications - manage applications - menu - filter - all - market - clear cache

That wont work. Seems there is no way currently to clear that history unless you root the device and use a cache cleaner for rooted devices.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
At this time, there is no way to clear your market search results. The market dev team is aware of it and it is being addressed, however when it gets corrected is anyones guess.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

That wont work. Seems there is no way currently to clear that history unless you root the device and use a cache cleaner for rooted devices.

i tried it for kicks, didn't work. swype still shows up ;)

Samckaz

Reaction score

i tried it for kicks, didn't work. swype still shows up ;)
Happy to report that there is a way to clear market history
Download "cashemate" from the market install hit the menue button go to settings. Last option is Data click on it, select market history, go back and hit the circle clear, and tada you just cleared the invincible market history.
One note, you have to be rooted and have SU permissions.
Enjoy

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
that's a good solution if you are rooted.. thanks for the post!

davidtaylorjr

Reaction score
Wow you would think this feature would have been built in... I hate searching for apps and all of my previous app searches pop up as if I am trying to search for one of those, which I never am lol.

slammed

Reaction score
Happy to report that there is a way to clear market history
Download "cashemate" from the market install hit the menue button go to settings. Last option is Data click on it, select market history, go back and hit the circle clear, and tada you just cleared the invincible market history.
One note, you have to be rooted and have SU permissions.
Enjoy

this didnt work for me, im on 2.1

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I really don't understand how the droid is able to do all this stuff yet you can't delete the freaken market place history....

superglen99

Reaction score
yeah I did this last night and it didn't work, yes I am rooted via DroidMod 1.0. I did have the demo though not sure if that matters. It says all cache cleared and market was selected but its all still there, any help? Do I have to buy the full version?