Cleaning the screen

SIGWolf

Reaction score
I don't have a screen protector yet nor a nice little cloth with which to clean the screen. Any other suggestions? How may I clean it safely with materials I can find around the house?

Thanks.

Zargon

Reaction score
I use the cloth bag that came with a pair of sunglasses.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I have had my droid for 6 months now. I've just used my breath and t-shirt. If it is really bad, just a soft towel and a dab of water.

Edit: I don't have a screen protector.

Last edited:

Nland22

Reaction score
Investing in a screen protector is a very wise idea though. dancedroid

Kmart95

Reaction score
Ive always just used my breath and tshirt, and my screen still looks very clean most of the time.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I have a screen protector and I use either the cloth that came with my glasses or a hand towel. If its really bad (from makeup or hairspray) I might put a little (a VERY little) water on my fingers and follow that with the towel.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
invest in a microfiber or if you have an optometrist, just ask for one from them.

Droids

Reaction score
No screen protector and 6 months of use. I vigorously rub the screen on my blue jeans to clean it, prolly ten or more times a day. Screen still looks like new. It's Gorilla glass.

After a morning shower, I'll use the damp towel to clean it too.

Joker

Reaction score
I just use any 100% cotton cloth. Dampened if needed at times.

shugknight

Reaction score
If you're really that worried, use tissues.

But I don't think screen protectors are necessary. I've had my Droid since launch, and like most people use my jeans, shirt, whatever cloth is laying around to clean it.

Still looks new.

rusray

Reaction score
invest in a microfiber or if you have an optometrist, just ask for one from them.

Agreed. You can get some from Automotive in pretty much any Walmart store. I bought one, cut it into a couple pieces and just store them around everywhere. The plus side is they clean pretty much any glass surface well, so you can justify keeping them in multiple places! Mine clean my droid, computer monitor, LCD tv, glasses, glass desk, etc.

rkeller62

Reaction score
If you're really that worried, use tissues.

But I don't think screen protectors are necessary. I've had my Droid since launch, and like most people use my jeans, shirt, whatever cloth is laying around to clean it.

Still looks new.

Tissue or paper towel is actually a bad idea as these are wood based products and can contain wood fibers that might scratch. 100% cotton or microfiber is best

OP
S

SIGWolf

Reaction score
Thank you

Thanks for the responses!!dancedroid