Clean files fron SD Card

dlc1265

Reaction score
Are there any files on the SD card that are needed to run the phone and apps? My card, after a bunch of screwing around, is full of a bunch of (crap?) files. If I DL my pics, and format the card wil everything still work? Is there a better way to clean the files other that doing it manually while mounted to the PC?

Thanks!

tt8698

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, what files do I need to keep on my sd card, but I can't seem to find an answer anywhere if someone could post a screenshot or a fresh sd card tbat would be perfect :)

Thanks

Skaggz

Reaction score
Not everyones SD card is going to be the same. You may have apps that store files or media on the card. If you're scared for whatever reason. ??? Follow these steps:

* Mount to your PC
* Copy entire contents of your card into a folder on your PC
* Start removing stuff as you like (from the card on the phone, not the PC)
* ????
* PROFIT

This way you have a complete backup if you do happen to remove anything that you may have wanted to keep by mistake.

jgumphress

Reaction score
I know what you mean about clutter on the SD card. I am bad about trying out an app then deleting it. A lot of apps leave behind folders even after you delete the app. And too, the folders may not be named exactly like the app that left them. I find that a quick Google search on the folder name will lead me to what it belonged to. If I no longer have that app then I delete the folder(s).