City Id

robdroid

Reaction score
Way back I added the City Id App as a experiment amongst Caller Id Apps. I did not care for it so I deleted it from the Market/Download/Uninstall function! City Id remains in my Apps list and in my App Killer list every time i open it (even five mins after i killed it). when i open the City Id App it shows a Banner saying it has expired and asks if I want the paid version I say no and nothing changes! I temporally installed App remover and it does not even see the Caller Id App. This acts like PC Spyware!

Any idea guys?

bass_lover1

Reaction score
I believe you need root access to delete the City ID application. Unfortunately to date, there is no root access for the DInc. Be patient, the devs will get there eventually.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Yeah the CityID app is a native app so it is not able to be removed until root is available.

Gump47371

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I know on some VZW phones, there is a charge for it. Is there a charge for it on the DInc? Just got mine yesterday, and noticed that it shows the City/State when someone calls.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Thanks guys!

I know on some VZW phones, there is a charge for it. Is there a charge for it on the DInc? Just got mine yesterday, and noticed that it shows the City/State when someone calls.

Yea you might wanna check that, I remember I had it when VZW decided to give me a free trial without telling me that it will change into a monthly subscription so I dropped it..

Gump47371

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Yea you might wanna check that, I remember I had it when VZW decided to give me a free trial without telling me that it will change into a monthly subscription so I dropped it..

Incredible, or another phone?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Incredible, or another phone?

It's a paid app on all phones AFAIK....(after the 15day trial)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
No, I had it on either the droid or the voyager, Im thinking voyager now.. but I know its cost and I remember thinking that most people call from their cell phone and that only tells you where their cell phone was usually purchased.. or closest major city and was like what a joke..

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score