Cisco Cius Tablet coming to VERIZON

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
[video=youtube;mT3Rbku1QGI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT3Rbku1QGI&feature=player_detailpage"]The First Tablet Built for Business: Cisco Cius - YouTube[/video]

The Cisco Cius has been bouncing around flashing its enterprise tablet status for the better part of a year, but only recently started teaming up with mobile carriers on the release of the slate. AT&T will host an HSPA+ Cius later in the year, and now Verizon is announcing they will carry their own version of the tablet featuring 4G LTE connectivity.

The is one of the few Android tablets to feature an Intel Atom processor, in this case clocked to 1.6GHz. It also holds 32GB of storage, sports 720p videoconferencing capabilities, and will have access to Cisco’s proprietary AppHQ apps market. The Cius will be available later this summer to Verizon business and government customers.

Cisco Cius is the future. It's built with networked security and enterprise ready apps. When users need the best tablet on the market, they look to Cisco. The Cius works because it's built for business.

The Architect

Reaction score
This the most blatantly obvious ripoff off the scene from Iron Man 2 where Hammer is pitching different weapons to the military for the Iron suit that Rhodey stole, right down to the style of talking, Looks damn nice though.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My guess where this will fail miserably is aggressive security settings where business users increasingly demand devices for both business AND personal use. IT will like it for the control, users will hate it because it will be another device to carry since it won't probably do everything they want for personal.

Sure, you can say it's a work device and the company pays for it, but if you expect your people to have the device 24x7, then expect personal use.

pyro6128

Reaction score
This the most blatantly obvious ripoff off the scene from Iron Man 2 where Hammer is pitching different weapons to the military for the Iron suit that Rhodey stole, right down to the style of talking, Looks damn nice though.

I didnt even think of that at first, but you're def right. He even sniffs it like hammer does in the movie

Jeyman

Reaction score
two phones, a laptop, and a tablet. Ya, no thanks lol sticking with smartphones for work.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Yea I imagine proving the worth (to superiors) on this could be difficult. Its definitely an IT person's wet dream, but does it add anything? I'm curious as to what some of these enterprise apps look like/how they function. I imagine that would be the largest draw. Maybe cut back on turnover rates if a lot of things can be done in the field

rcjames

Reaction score
Well, I work as a IT and we have the use of that. But a regular tablet wont be much differet then this except cisco will have their own app assign to their cisco tablet. I would think that they might have a android market too. But I'm not sure but will they provide network tools and such for android no matter if its the anddroid mobile or tablet? What I do see is we are seeing major pc brand and well the networking company Cisco taking advantage of open source google operating system aka android. Anyways I hope cisco don't end up using other format then apk. My phones is all voice over ip cisco phone which I have for each room with video. The range of my wifi from my network is close to a mile. I have many server doing many things and 8 magic jack giving out 8 lines for my home business. Anyways having this cisco device lets me be connected to my business. From five feet to thousand miles. And I can still do live broadcast to my office with my clients and workers. For android market would like if this will also download app from android market. :)

theascended

Reaction score
Some details not in the commercial:
- The Cisco Cius will connect to Cisco Call Manager allowing IT departments to integrate this to their in house VoIP over 3G/4G and WiFi.
- The entire device, from the OS and File System to the the communications if you can issue SSL certs is encrypted.
- The processor is x86 based, not ARM. This means that most apps in the Market won't work as nearly all of them are packaged exclusively for ARM.
- The dock is a piece of junk. The Cius consistently falls out with little help.